DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone registration pricing in EU countries?

Ill

Reactions
Base on the many sources the Drone Regulations went into effect in the European Union 1.1.2021

I' m bit curious what are the principles and pricing in other EU countries in this. How much your local administrator are charging in this?

Here in Finland the charges are following

"Payment for an electrical registration as a drone operator is 30 euros (1 year), 75 euros (3 years) or 100 euros (5 years). If you enroll for the examination at the same time as you register, there is no extra payment for doing the examination. You can enroll yourself for the online test also later for free, if you have used strong identification while registration.

Without connection to any operator, the electrical registration/enrollment for the online theoretical examination costs 30 euros."

Last edited:
Base on the many sources the Drone Regulations went into effect in the European Union 1.1.2021

I' m bit curious what are the principles and pricing in other EU countries in this. How much your local administrator are charging in this?

Here in Finland the charges are following

"Payment for an electrical registration as a drone operator is 30 euros (1 year), 75 euros (3 years) or 100 euros (5 years). If you enroll for the examination at the same time as you register, there is no extra payment for doing the examination. You can enroll yourself for the online test also later for free, if you have used strong identification while registration.

Without connection to any operator, the electrical registration/enrollment for the online theoretical examination costs 30 euros."

I have an A1 / A3 and registered in Belgium. I took the exam in Ireland. Didn't have to pay anything.

In Sweden:

-A yearly fee of 50sek (approx 5 euro, or $6) to register as a drone operator.

-A one time fee of 130sek (approx 13 euro or $15) to do the online test in the open class & recieve the certification which then is valid for 5 years.

-A fee of 50sek (approx 5 euro, or $6) to renew the certification after year 5.

So for the first 5 years, all in all it's 380sek (approx 37 euro or $45)

I'm delighted to say that the UK is no longer an EU country, although we are still part of Europe. So that alone is saving us all billions every year funding an extravagant and wasteful political project. Plus we were able to plan and secure our own supply of vaccinations against Covid-19.

It's £9 per year here.

Every member state of the EU can decide what to charge or charge at all. In Germany it´s free of charge! Also the theoretical educations and examinations, to obtain a A1/A3 and A2 license, are free of charge and can be made online. Of course there are numerous businesses that offer courses from € 250 to € 600 but are not necessary.

Spain no charge for registration or training.

AESA operator registration certificate valid for 2 years.
Training depends on the drone class. All online and the pilot certificate issued for 5 years.

I have an advanced pilot certificate requiring a medical certificate. Thats now valid until 2022.
In the new system I complete a bridging test based on the current certificate. Medical certificate no longer necessary.
Valid for 5 years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada