DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone regulations

colesjensen

Reactions
I’ve been looking all over online for the answer but I couldn’t find it so I joined the forum to hopefully get an answer. This summer I will be traveling to Oceanside, California. I was looking to see if I could fly there and I saw that they have a ton of regulations with drones. It talked about needing permits and other stuff. Does anybody know what I need to do in order to fly? Thanks!

I called the police dept and talked to the watch commander few weeks ago. He said you can fly anywhere in o'side, stay under 400 ft, stay away from airport in valley. I fly all the time at the pier and harbor. The police just wave at you and go about their business.

I called the police dept and talked to the watch commander few weeks ago. He said you can fly anywhere in o'side, stay under 400 ft, stay away from airport in valley. I fly all the time at the pier and harbor. The police just wave at you and go about their business.
Thank you!

Thank you!
There is a small airport in oceanside on hwy 76 just be aware. If you are going to fly over the ocean make sure you are not in a county park.
To fly over ocean you are allowed to take off from the surf line- Usually considered to be where the high tide water line is. You can fly anywhere over the san luis rey river. Stay away from the military base Camp Pendleton and do not venture onto Indian reservation and you will be good to go. Have fun!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada