DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Shots show patterns only visible from the air (Gallery)

Duckhunter50

Reactions
This is a gallery of shots from above from the Daily Mail UK. Just posting here to share.
Drone photos show global patterns that are only visible from the air

I think this is my favorite shot of the entire series, but they are all interesting.
Presented here is an abandoned desert road that is covered by windswept sand dunes in Dubai. 'Looking back at a few of the photographs we had captured, we realized we had a number of extremely unusual images that we wanted to share with the world,' they said.

Many like this one looked computer generated. to me...
I agree, because this sand highway shot, you would expect to have some residual sand showing on the road that is exposed, if it really was a sand storm that covered it. It's not like it would be snow, that would in fact get melted off where it was thin on the road surface. The sand would be all over really, even if thin, but not looking the way this is showing. So I too believe this was simply a computer generated fake photo.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Ohhh, well that is interesting, nice shot too. Maybe that was a real photo then, thanks for that insight. With that said though, the photo in questions does look a bit retouched as if it might be a doctored image, when looked at in detail, so I may still be sitting on the fence here about the image posted by the OP.

Ohhh, well that is interesting, nice shot too. Maybe that was a real photo then, thanks for that insight. With that said though, the photo in questions does look a bit retouched as if it might be a doctored image, when looked at in detail, so I may still be sitting on the fence here about the image posted by the OP.
Your welcome. and if you look close enough at the top piece of road about 2.5 " where the road turns into a sliver you can see tire tracks in the sand entering the road from the dessert or vise versa.

I started shooting landscape 30 years ago . That's not a fake .

People astound me.
Ok, but doctoring photos has nothing to do with how long shooting landscapes, case in point the photo with umbrellas and the ships shadow (not a good shadow). my opinion only. I have been shooting landscapes for last 52 years, with drone last 4 years.

It never occurred to me that they were photoshopped and I’m still going to choose to enjoy them as dramatic, real photos. The glass is half full!

I started shooting landscape 30 years ago . That's not a fake .

People astound me.
Great video.
It's like snow drifts up herein North Country, NY.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028