DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone storage bags/cases and transportation

MikeinMO

Reactions
Greetings. I’m looking for suggestions for large cases and/or bags for my drone gear for when I’m traveling to a shoot or even for storage while at home. It would need to hold:

Mavic 3 fly more with stock R/C and iPad 6th generation

Mini 2 fly more

Avata with fly more, R/C, motion controller and goggles 2

I’m leaning towards a hard rifle case with the pick ‘n pluck foam so I can have everything securely laid out inside of it, custom fitted to the gear. I’m tired of carrying different bags around and want something that’ll hold everything. I don’t mind the size or if it has wheels or not. My thought is to lay the case out in the hatch of my Highlander. Take it to/from my vehicle as needed.

Or a big Lowepro bag.

Any large case or bag suggestions (with photos) would be helpful. Thanks.

Reactions: Mavic lover
Yes something just like that is what I’m envisioning. That would hold everything I would imagine.
You can get large cases at Harbor Freight, believe it or not, and they’re pretty nice, EXCEPT, I don’t like the pick apart foam. So, that was a no go for me.
If you don’t mind that foam, you should check them out. They have the rifle size too. Something to think about though, do you REALLY want all your stuff in one case ? If something happens, it’ll happen to ALL your gear ! Good luck with your search.

If you want something that's CUSTOM you should check out www.mycasebuilder.com

They did my last case (I wanted to carry primary and spare aircraft in the same case) and it is PERFECT! The case is rock solid and the laser cut foam was perfect. I'll be using them for future projects for sure.

Here's the layout of this one:

1661794455875.png

Reactions: MikeinMO and db4476
Reactions: BigAl07
You can get large cases at Harbor Freight, believe it or not, and they’re pretty nice, EXCEPT, I don’t like the pick apart foam. So, that was a no go for me.
If you don’t mind that foam, you should check them out. They have the rifle size too. Something to think about though, do you REALLY want all your stuff in one case ? If something happens, it’ll happen to ALL your gear ! Good luck with your search.
Did you have issues getting the pick apart foam looking good? It fall apart or not pull correctly?

I have both a Tile and AirTag I’d bury inside the case.

I honestly don’t fly much recreationally. Everything is business related. So it would be handy to have everything staged in the hatch of my SUV and ready. Pull the batteries from the charger and drop them into the case, and go.

I honestly don’t fly much recreationally. Everything is business related. So it would be handy to have everything staged in the hatch of my SUV and ready. Pull the batteries from the charger and drop them into the case, and go.
If you're doing that I'd go for a hard case.

I use a camera bag because I'm usually hiking in to my launch point, but I'm well aware that it doesn't give as much protection as a hard case.

Reactions: MikeinMO
I tried to call them wanting to build one to put in an M3 and an Air2s.
They never called back.
Do you have a contact for them?

I only dealt with them via email so not direct contact.

If you're on FaceBook, here's their page they may be more reactive if you message them there:
MyCaseBuilder on FaceBook

Did you have issues getting the pick apart foam looking good? It fall apart or not pull correctly?

I have both a Tile and AirTag I’d bury inside the case.

I didn’t buy one of the Harbor Freight cases because of that pick apart foam. And that’s too bad too because otherwise, they’re nice cases.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+