DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone survey's

G4lvj

Reactions
Hi guys just a quick question, I'm a builder in the leeds area and being close to lba airport I travel to usd my drone. My question is can i fly my drone low level within the exclusion zone to do on site survey's or are the laws a total exclusion no exception ? Thanks in advance.

you can not fly any sort of drone in the controlled airspace around an airport you could contact the ATC and see if they would grant you permission for such a flight ,even if you only had a 250g drone such as a Mini2, its the airspace classification that controls whether you are able to fly or not

Reactions: G4lvj
HI,
I live in Guiseley just 2 miles from LBA and have this problem all the time.
If you contact ATC tower you will find them quite accommodating and they will email their permission (or not) to you.

Reactions: G4lvj
Hi guys just a quick question, I'm a builder in the leeds area and being close to lba airport I travel to usd my drone. My question is can i fly my drone low level within the exclusion zone to do on site survey's or are the laws a total exclusion no exception ? Thanks in advance.
I got ATC authorisation for a flight within the red zone around Southend Airport where I live but there wasa 3 page form to fill which included personal details, CAA registration, 3rd party liability insurance, purpose, date, time duration, altitude, etc. I also had to write a risk assessment with my proposed mitigating actions. Had to be submitted at least 48 hours before the flight so if the weather is no good on the day its a no. I also had to call them when I was ready to fly and call again when I had finished. All do-able but be prepared for the paperwork.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405