DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone thinks I'm in China

billiam1

Reactions
Hi Guys.
Not sure what's happened , but the drone thinks I'm in mainland China ( I live in the UK) will not fly more than 30m (height or distance)
I've flown over 50 times with no issues, it was fine yesterday

any idea what's wrong?.Screenshot_20200826-193320.jpgScreenshot_20200826-193957.jpg

Have you been trying to hack it ;)

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
On a more serious note, have you
  • Uninstalled and re-installed DJI Fly ?
  • Updated the firmware of the RC and AC ?
  • Gone outside so the AC can get a gps lock ?

On a more serious note, have you
  • Uninstalled and re-installed DJI Fly ?
  • Updated the firmware of the RC and AC ?
  • Gone outside so the AC can get a gps lock ?
That's what I'd do. Uninstall - reinstall app, and if it continues inform DJI the app map needs attention.

Reactions: dawgpilot
China, huh? - - don't hit the Return To Home button.
I took a class to study for the Part 107 exam, and our instructor related an experience his company had: one of their drones experienced a fly-away and was headed for China. Eventually, they were able to get it back under control.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
Hi Guys.
Not sure what's happened , but the drone thinks I'm in mainland China ( I live in the UK) will not fly more than 30m (height or distance)
I've flown over 50 times with no issues, it was fine yesterday

any idea what's wrong?.View attachment 111694View attachment 111695

What do you have for GPS satellites?

China, huh? - - don't hit the Return To Home button.
For sure - RTH = Return To Hong Kong!
More seriously, I suggest that you open a GPS-using app on your Smartphone, offhand I suggest Waze or UAV Forecast, and see where they think they are. If they give reasonable results, then the problem is with the drone. BTW, with which drone are you attempting to invade China?

What are your map settings. There is a setting there that enable using a Chinese oriented map. That should not be enabled.

Thanks guys for your input, seems OK for now.
did this and it worked...

" please open your DJI Go application then go to profile/me > settings then clear cache the said application. After completing this step please go to a location with a strong GPS signal and turn on the drone, remote controller and DJI Go application."

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming