DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Traffic Control System

Just stumbled across this article about the Drone Traffic Control system being developed by NASA.

Interested to hear what all of you think.

NASA is close to finalizing its drone traffic control system for cities

Sounds like a step in the right direction, it's only a matter of time for large volumes of UAV traffic, especially for commercial uses. A traffic regulating system is going to become necessary sometime in the near future.

Thanks for sharing, I wasn't aware of NASA researching this but I'm glad they are.

Just stumbled across this article about the Drone Traffic Control system being developed by NASA.

Interested to hear what all of you think.

NASA is close to finalizing its drone traffic control system for cities
I worked out at Kennedy Space Center a few years back for 10 years during the Shuttle program. Funding for this program (FFTP) will be coming from you and me. (YAM) Better off letting Elon Musk handle it, at least he'll use flamethrowers to down enemy aircraft! Burn baby burn (BBB)

Personally I'd like someone to fix the ridiculous redlight system first!!! It alway happens, your moving along, you come up to a intersection... know one is around for miles then BAMM the light turns red!!! Let's get the simple things done first ahhh NASA!

Last edited:
I worked out at Kennedy Space Center a few years back for 10 years during the Shuttle program. Funding for this program (FFTP) will be coming from you and me. (YAM) Better off letting Elon Musk handle it, at least he'll use flamethrowers to down enemy aircraft! Burn baby burn (BBB)

Personally I'd like someone to fix the ridiculous redlight system first!!! It alway happens, your moving along, you come up to a intersection... know one is around for miles then BAMM the light turns red!!! Let's get the simple things done first ahhh NASA!

Off-topic I know but, can I ask what sort of work you did at the Kennedy Space Center?

I hope this doesn’t result in recreational users (part336) having to file flight plans... not just the nuisance as it will take a lot of $$ to pay the extra controllers to watch potentially a million drones nationwide. Just my $0.02

I believe it's more about the ability of a drone of recognising its surroundings better and being able to identify other drones in the area. But that's how I interpreted the article, I could be wrong.

while i applaud those trying to find solutions for drone air space control i personally think it is never going to happen in reality. the infrastructure, and the sheer logistical issues of trying to get drones flying safely in our cities plus the cost involved ,to me out weighs the benefits of such a system. i think in rural areas with low population there could be a need for autonomous drone use for access to remote locations

Off-topic I know but, can I ask what sort of work you did at the Kennedy Space Center?
Surley, Multimedia and graphics design for the Shuttle Missions. Small sample (Off Topic Reply)

Attachments

• STS-101_Mission.jpg
    STS-101_Mission.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • sts-109_Mission.jpg
    sts-109_Mission.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • STS-107_Mission.jpg
    STS-107_Mission.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17

Ahaha. Only issue with Elon doing it is it would
Surley, Multimedia and graphics design for the Shuttle Missions. Small sample (Off Topic Reply)

That's cool. A buddy of mine did the same thing at JPL for the MSL Curiosity mission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio