DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone vs A380

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people hate drones, because they see them out of airplane windows, all the time.

People don't hate drones. Some of them are curious about an unknown piece of technology, and some other are suspicious about them. Knowledge and education are our friends.

Looks like a recoding of Flight Simulator X. An A380 heavy would need alot more runway than that.

It does seem like a small airport for planes of that size, but I think there's too much ground detail for it to be a flight sim recording. That's not to say it couldn't be otherwise edited, but it doesn't strike me as a sim.

Looks like a recoding of Flight Simulator X. An A380 heavy would need alot more runway than that.

Look at the FBO. Do you think that little facility can handle 500+ people? A380s load with 3 jetways.

Emirates A380 do use that exact airport (and google earth images show it is the same airport). The drone turning around reveals the same coral bay and everything is correct. The last few seconds the small island off to the side, the housing area (blue bay) and lakes are clearly visible.

This puts the drone roughly 7000ft from the threshold and roughly 1000ft off to the side of the extended centreline.

An A380 which isnt full is surprisingly powerful. It doesn't need masses of runway. That airport has 11056ft ft available for takeoff and an absolutely fully loaded A380 requires 9500ft. Thats more than plausible on the video. Measuring on google earth he uses about 8000ft of runway to get airbourne.

So yes, the drone footage is definitely that airport and yes A380s routinely operate from there and yes they could easily be airbourne with 1/3 of the runway or more remaining depending on load and conditions.

A few other things, the time from rotation to passing the drone is 23 seconds. Assuming an increasing but initial rate of climb of about 2000ft/min that means its more than plausible for the drone to be at the height the plane goes (its way under 1600ft drone maximum).

So everything in that video is possible. The ONLY thing im not sure of is the odd reflection and lack of heat haze as it passes.

EDIT:- This is it on google earth:-

Google Maps

3D view can replicate that drone view exactly, ruler tool for measurements.

Last edited:
Emirates A380 do use that exact airport (and google earth images show it is the same airport). The drone turning around reveals the same coral bay and everything is correct. The last few seconds the small island off to the side, the housing area (blue bay) and lakes are clearly visible.

This puts the drone roughly 7000ft from the threshold and roughly 1000ft off to the side of the extended centreline.

An A380 which isnt full is surprisingly powerful. It doesn't need masses of runway. That airport has 11056ft ft available for takeoff and an absolutely fully loaded A380 requires 9500ft. Thats more than plausible on the video. Measuring on google earth he uses about 8000ft of runway to get airbourne.

So yes, the drone footage is definitely that airport and yes A380s routinely operate from there and yes they could easily be airbourne with 1/3 of the runway or more remaining depending on load and conditions.

A few other things, the time from rotation to passing the drone is 23 seconds. Assuming an increasing but initial rate of climb of about 2000ft/min that means its more than plausible for the drone to be at the height the plane goes (its way under 1600ft drone maximum).

So everything in that video is possible. The ONLY thing im not sure of is the odd reflection and lack of heat haze as it passes.

EDIT:- This is it on google earth:-

Google Maps

3D view can replicate that drone view exactly, ruler tool for measurements.

It's a cartoon, for Petes sake.

A380 cartoon.jpg

A380 cartoon_002.jpg

A380 cartoon_003.jpg

Cant tell either way. Your stuff about small facility and takeoff run isnt correct in the slightest so a drone WAS there next to the airport.
Then its either a CGI A388 or its not. Thats the question.
If it is CGI someone went to a lot of trouble getting a drone to the exact location in the first place.

Cant tell either way. Your stuff about small facility and takeoff run isnt correct in the slightest so a drone WAS there next to the airport.
Then its either a CGI A388 or its not. Thats the question.
If it is CGI someone went to a lot of trouble getting a drone to the exact location in the first place.

Someone DID.

Looks pretty real to me. And if so, yes, it's stupid.

But now what? There's no chance of banning all drones, and no chance of some idiot being an idiot now and then. It may turn out DJI's built in NFZ's are the thing that actually save us form ourselves.

a drone WAS there next to the airport.

Were you the pilot of the A380 or the drone pilot?

Here is a video at the same airport shot by a Phantom 5 (or 6, not sure). This was produced in 15 minutes on my 10 year old, super low resolution, Dell desktop, with a 512mb video card. Imagine what I could do with a Mac. Maybe make a C-5m take off from my backyard!

Were you the pilot of the A380 or the drone pilot?

Here is a video at the same airport shot by a Phantom 5 (or 6, not sure). This was produced in 15 minutes on my 10 year old, super low resolution, Dell desktop, with a 512mb video card. Imagine what I could do with a Mac. Maybe make a C-5m take off from my backyard!

Not a very good case for it being fake. This footage is very real. You will soon be backtracking. Look near 1:58 and you can see the suns reflection off the top of the fuselage. No one would do this.

Im working on some more real footage as well, "Mavic shoots flyby of weather balloon at 120,000'."
Will this be released before or after “How to look like a fool AND lose credibility, all in one evening!” Just kidding, of course. I think it’s real and I’m sure we will found out soon enough.

Reactions: kentfin
Let's not turn this into another on-going debate. It won't do much. If authorities deem this a reasonable concern, they'll start changing laws and regulation. Debating here won't really do much. There's 2 scenarios here.
1. A really irresponsible pilot (if it's real)
2. Someone who hates drones and is taking a lot of time and effort to give drones and drone pilots a bad name (if it's fake)

Reactions: Former Member
Let's not turn this into another on-going debate. It won't do much. If authorities deem this a reasonable concern, they'll start changing laws and regulation. Debating here won't really do much. There's 2 scenarios here.
1. A really irresponsible pilot (if it's real)
2. Someone who hates drones and is taking a lot of time and effort to give drones and drone pilots a bad name (if it's fake)

I am going with 2. Amazon false flag black bag operation all the way.

falseflagtiletds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato