DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone won't shut off or turn on

If the contact cleaner has improved the on-off switch operation then you probably had some dust/dirt on the switch contacts. The cleaner would take some time to works it's way onto the switch contacts, having to soak down the small gap around the switch button. It obviously got there and has done the job for now. I would certainly be inclined to see how it performs from now on before doing any more serious disassembly.

Had the same exact issue. Battery was FAR out of warranty. Sent to DJI. They replaced it was a brand new one absolutely free of charge

Sounds to me like a faulty on/off switch. Contact cleaner is a good first t/s try. If the problem comes back, it could be either the switch is faulty or the soldered contacts of the switch to the PCB could be faulty. It's called a cold solder joint. I am an electronics tech but I would be a little hesitant about opening it up and trying to fix something like that myself, even though I'm confident in my abilities. I would ask DJI if they can repair something like that, if it comes to that. Hopefully, the contact cleaner was all that you needed to fix the issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin