DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink and plotting course

Rchawks

Reactions
Quick question.
I'm using MA2 and iPad mini 5, from what I can see the only way to plot a course is while actually being in the air and traveling from waypoint to waypoint. In the video the instructor shows plotting from a computer (apple with M1 chip) and I'm not interested in that kind of upgrade. Could someone fill me in?

I don't have a MA2 and I know that it was just recently added to Dronelink. As far as I know it is fully supported now but I'm not sure - best to check on their forums, they are very responsive.

As to planning waypoints, you do not need to fly from waypoint to waypoint, you can do it on the computer just like you can in Litchi. Just login to your Dronelink account and then click the 'CREATE' button at the bottom of the screen. You can then choose the Waypoints button from the templates area. Note that you will have different options available to you in Waypoints depending on the level of your account that you have.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 10.41.21 AM.png

Just to make something clear - the Dronelink app you use to fly your drone is not what you use to plan your Waypoint missions, it's only used to fly the missions. You need to go on to the Dronelink website, login to your account and that is where you plan your Waypoint missions. When you go back on the app the mission will be there ready for you to load and fly. Just wanted to add this in case you weren't familiar with the process.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rchawks
Perfect answer to my question. Really, thank you for saving me a ton of time trying to figure this out.

Last edited:
Glad to be of help.

Chris

I can’t answer that question as I don’t have a MA2 but if you search or ask that question on the Dronelink forum you will get your answer. Their forum is very responsive and you should be able to get an answer quickly. Also there may be members on here who already know the answer who will chime in.

Chris

For IOS it's been out of beta for a long time. It's working for Android in beta now a few months.
It's not listed under supported drones so that's why I was asking. I know it's virtual sticks but all my flying is LOS and close by so I rarely if ever get a dropped signal.

Reactions: Tufargon
It's not listed under supported drones so that's why I was asking. I know it's virtual sticks but all my flying is LOS and close by so I rarely if ever get a dropped signal.
I think it's only listed in the forum. Here is a link to the beta link with instructions. Note that you'll have to download the 64 bit for Android and have a paid account with Dronelink.

What is virtual sticks?
When the drone can't keep the mission stored in the drone iteself the only way to make it do waypoint missions is to have the mission stored in the app being used on your tablet or phone. They call that virtual sticks because the app simulates you using the sticks to do what you want and transmits it to the drone. So if you lose connection to the drone, the drone will not know what to do anymore in that mission so it will not finish the mission and just RTH. When It's stored to the drone itself it will finish the mission even if you disconnect.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AZDave and Rchawks
I guess I could have explained a little bit better but hope you get the gist of it.

Hello All, just chiming in on some points to add clarity! Thanks for the responses so far.

The Mavic Air 2 is supported and listed on this page.

I don't have a MA2 and I know that it was just recently added to Dronelink. As far as I know it is fully supported now but I'm not sure - best to check on their forums, they are very responsive.

As to planning waypoints, you do not need to fly from waypoint to waypoint, you can do it on the computer just like you can in Litchi. Just login to your Dronelink account and then click the 'CREATE' button at the bottom of the screen. You can then choose the Waypoints button from the templates area. Note that you will have different options available to you in Waypoints depending on the level of your account that you have.

Hope this helps.

Chris

View attachment 132664

Just to make something clear - the Dronelink app you use to fly your drone is not what you use to plan your Waypoint missions, it's only used to fly the missions. You need to go on to the Dronelink website, login to your account and that is where you plan your Waypoint missions. When you go back on the app the mission will be there ready for you to load and fly. Just wanted to add this in case you weren't familiar with the process.

This is definitely a great workflow by starting with a template; however you can also create missions on-the-fly using the mobile app only by selecting the lighting bolt and one of the options there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burke_chris_001