DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink Beta for Mavic Air 2

Tallyrver

Reactions
I have been a long time user of Litchi and Auto Pilot so when I read that Dronelink had the SDK I downloaded the app.
Being that the developers of Dronelink were the original Auto pilot guys I am excited.
I was able to create a waypoint mission on my PC and send it to the Native app. The Mavic recognized the Dronelink app and loaded the mission. I will see what happens tomorrow when I attempt to run the mission.

Reactions: cuchovivas
I'm pretty sure Dronelink is flying the mission using virtual sticks, since the MA2 doesn't support waypoints.

Unless the firmware supports it but Fly doesn't have a means to utilize it.

I have been a long time user of Litchi and Auto Pilot so when I read that Dronelink had the SDK I downloaded the app.
Being that the developers of Dronelink were the original Auto pilot guys I am excited.
I was able to create a waypoint mission on my PC and send it to the Native app. The Mavic recognized the Dronelink app and loaded the mission. I will see what happens tomorrow when I attempt to run the mission.
I tested a simple destinations and orbit Dronelink plan yesterday and worked without a hitch

Reactions: egoldy
Me too. Path with waypoints and altitude and speed changes and an orbit with video. No problems.
Waypoints ? ive just been reading the air 2 does not support this ? just sticks ..... or is this what you meant.

I'm pretty sure Dronelink is flying the mission using virtual sticks, since the MA2 doesn't support waypoints.

Unless the firmware supports it but Fly doesn't have a means to utilize it.

Unless the firmware supports it but Fly doesn't have a means to

Not by default, but Dronelink uses the “virtual sticks“ method which works well.
I finally had a chance to run my quick waypoint mission . I noticed when you load the mission onto the app from the PC you only see the route on the map,no waypoints etc. I was in a wide open field so I let her rip.. worked great except I forgot to set a trigger point to start the video. I'm using a Mavic Air 2

I finally had a chance to run my quick waypoint mission . I noticed when you load the mission onto the app from the PC you only see the route on the map,no waypoints etc. I was in a wide open field so I let her rip.. worked great except I forgot to set a trigger point to start the video. I'm using a Mavic Air 2
Would you mind sharing the mission, I would be keen to see how to do a simple mission. I know I could RTFM but…!

From
Jim McAndrew at dronelink

• 2 days ago
  • The version of the DJI SDK that supports the MA2 causes the app to crash. On iOS the fix seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling, but there is no fix for Android yet. The best guess from DJI is after the holidays. We did not want to delay the launch of 2.0.0 (the primary focus was the new flight modes - focus, follow, and orbit), so we had to pull it back to get our release candidate out (build 134). Once Apple approves it, we will probably very quickly upload 135 with MA2 support added again (at least for iOS), but of course it will still crash unless you did the reinstall dance.

Reactions: rnorris and zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure