DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink Mini 2 and Mapping?

Hello, Can you tell me of other apps that can be used for free just to fly the missions?

About litchi, im testing the virtual litchi mission but it shows an error when tryin to make a big area saying it max at 90 waypoints, if i do the mission on mission planner and export to litchi is it still limited to 90 waypoints?
Litchi isn't a mapping app.
Try DroneDeploy or Pix4D

If using DroneDeploy with iPhone, I understood that you had to pay for mapping. With the MA2, I went with Dronelink & Agisoft for a mapping solution. The rest were a more expensive. Check what works with your drone.

I use DroneDeploy with android and apple devices, as a ‘free’ app. I’ve been using it for over 4 years. It’s great for what it does, and it’s been pretty reliable. I’ve never hit a pay wall, but all my flight plans disappeared one day, which sucks for job sites I need to revisit over time.

Moot though, because only DroneLink appears to support Air 2s and Mini 2, with limitations.

I've been using my Mini 2 to produce orthophotos and 3d models which I use in mapping for OpenStreetMap. I use OpenDroneMap to generate the orthophotos and 3d models. Up until recently I had been flying the capture flights completely manually. Since the release of the SDK for the Mini 2 I've bought a DroneLink Elite licence.

Using DroneLink certainly makes the flights easier but it is also quite nerve racking leaving control to the program. For the relatively small areas I capture DroneLink seems to be marginally faster but produces equivalent results to manually flying.

You can see the sort of orthophotos I've managed to produce at OpenAerialMap, those before March 2022 were manually flown and those afterwards used DroneLink.
So how do you exactly use Dronelink yourself? Single waypoint missions or can you actually select an area and go? With your Mini 2. All of theses other apps do not have mini 2 flight compatibility. Dronelink only says there are limitations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925