DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink RTH Altitude With Terrain Issues

DaveK-OR

Reactions
I've done a bit of a search both here and at the Dronelink forums, but haven't really found the answer to this question, If I missed the thread, I apologize.

If I do a terrain-following mission with Dronelink, where there is a significant terrain feature along the mission path, will the RTH function continue to follow terrain, or will it simply return at some fixed altitude? I don't want to find my drone running into a mountainside during RTH, nor do I want to be forced to set the RTH altitude so high that I blow the FAA AGL limits in part of the RTH path.

Any thoughts or advice on how to deal with this?

If I do a terrain-following mission with Dronelink, where there is a significant terrain feature along the mission path, will the RTH function continue to follow terrain, or will it simply return at some fixed altitude?
Just like using the drone with the default app, it will return at the fixed, pre-set RTH altitude.

Reactions: DaveK-OR
I've done a bit of a search both here and at the Dronelink forums, but haven't really found the answer to this question, If I missed the thread, I apologize.

If I do a terrain-following mission with Dronelink, where there is a significant terrain feature along the mission path, will the RTH function continue to follow terrain, or will it simply return at some fixed altitude? I don't want to find my drone running into a mountainside during RTH, nor do I want to be forced to set the RTH altitude so high that I blow the FAA AGL limits in part of the RTH path.

Any thoughts or advice on how to deal with this?
Once it goes into RTH it is out of dronelinks hands. It's all firmware.

Reactions: DaveK-OR
That's what I was afraid of... Mission planning with terrain issues just got a bit more complicated.o_O

Thanks, however, for verifying it. Now I know for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky