DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink - Telemetry

Gimbal2019

Reactions
Just wondering if anyone can help me with a Telemetry issue with Dronelink
I have quite a bit of time invested in Dronelink to learn how to use it and WOW am impressed as to what it can do.
It also took me a bunch of time to actually get the courage up to fly a mission with this app (always thinking about my drone taking off on its own with something else in control but not me)
I am using a Samsung S7 android phone and a Samsung S4 tablet.
First time I attempted to fly with Dronelink I got a no telemetry message and could not takeoff. I tried turning everything off and back on several times with no luck. I tried again the next day and it all connected but got a message about video transmission weak(or something similar)
I flew a basic orbit with video and let it complete the mission with return to home and landing - YAHOO I was super excited it worked as intended and my Mavic Air was back in my hands.
I flew a 2nd mission with a basic Orbit with video about 70m away. Everything was going well and my confidence level was climbing - but when the Mavic Air got to the furthest point (aprox 140m away) the display dimmed and a big warning come up saying "Telemetry Delayed"
I froze for a second and the drone stopped moving then suddenly my drone took off in the wrong direction. The warning went away but I did not get a pause button to exit the mission. I told my wife to not take her eyes off the runaway drone while I monkeyed with the buttons. I managed to close the mission and got control of the drone again and have my drone back in my shaking hand.
Sure glad I picked a huge open area to try this app - thought it was a gonner.
Why would it loose telemetry and would you be brave enough to fly an expensive drone with this app acting like this - will I always be able to regain control?
Is there a way to fix this? I think but am not sure that ram has something to do with telemetry - both my devices have at least 4g of ram which is supposed to be enough to run this app
I really want to use this app because of all the good things it can do that other apps can not do - BUT I don't want to loose my drone either.

I have been using DL since release last year and have not encountered the issues you describe. I use a iPad with an M2P so not apples to apples. You might want to post your question on the forum at the Dronelink website, hopefully the developer will provide you with input.

There is also a DL User FB group.

I am not familiar with the mavic air, but could you not switch to ati mode an fly back manually?
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys