DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones in Turks and Caicos ?

dragonfly9000

Reactions
I looked at Turks govt website and think it's not illegal to fly drones there. Anyone know for sure?

Plus a saw a march 2017 drone video on YouTube that was fantastic and a safe flyer

I'm heading to Turks tomorrow and was wondering the same thing. I haven't found anything prohibiting drones or requiring permits, registration, or insurance. Just basically don't be a jerk when flying it.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I'm heading to Turks tomorrow and was wondering the same thing. I haven't found anything prohibiting drones or requiring permits, registration, or insurance. Just basically don't be a jerk when flying it.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Should be aware of the brightness. Use an ND filter. Turks is still one of my favorite islands. Such clear blue water

Should be aware of the brightness. Use an ND filter. Turks is still one of my favorite islands. Such clear blue water
Thanks! I picked up the polarpro filters after reading a thread about the MP's camera over water and bright lighting.

What about taking off/landing near the beach? I'd imagine sand would be an issue for the motors? That'll be the next thing I search for in the forum.

Thanks! I picked up the polarpro filters after reading a thread about the MP's camera over water and bright lighting.

What about taking off/landing near the beach? I'd imagine sand would be an issue for the motors? That'll be the next thing I search for in the forum.
Lay a towel down you’ll be fine. Yea sands not good to be getting sucked up into the motors but I use to launch from my backpack and hand catch on the beach. No biggie. Minimal sand exposure. Or fold towel in half and make a little landing pad

I took off from tables or rocks away from the beach and hand caught when it was time to land. It was a bit too windy to fly the first 4 days, but I did my best to make up for it the next 3 days. I even met a couple of other Mavic Pilots who were staying at the same resort so that was fun. Now I get to learn how to do some proper video editing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925