DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones shut down Dublin Airport

If his lawyer is seeking to change the charge (as opposed to pleading "not guilty") then I assume he's shopping for a charge with a lesser penalty. Unless he thinks he can get the case thrown out if he can convince the judge that the charge doesn't apply.

What baffles me is how they got they drone to fly over the airport in the first place. I have only ever seen DJI drones on sale here . Must have been a autel online import , so you'd think they'd have the cop on to know not to do it if there buy them to avoid geo fencing

Reactions: Torque
If his lawyer is seeking to change the charge (as opposed to pleading "not guilty") then I assume he's shopping for a charge with a lesser penalty. Unless he thinks he can get the case thrown out if he can convince the judge that the charge doesn't apply.
So is that how the system works in Ireland, the prosecutor threatens to take you to a court where you can get a higher sentence if you refuse to plead Not Guilty?

What baffles me is how they got they drone to fly over the airport in the first place. I have only ever seen DJI drones on sale here . Must have been a autel online import , so you'd think they'd have the cop on to know not to do it if there buy them to avoid geo fencing
The article says "A MAN accused of illegally flying a drone into a "critical area" near Dublin Airport" so is that same thing as flying over the airport?

Does DJI geofencing prevent drones from approaching an Irish airport withink 5km?

So is that how the system works in Ireland, the prosecutor threatens to take you to a court where you can get a higher sentence if you refuse to plead Not Guilty?
According to the article they're already in court, so it sounds like this is beyond the plea bargaining stage.

If you shoplift a candy bar and the prosecutor charges you with assault causing bodily injury, then you'd likely want to choose between pleading "not guilty" (since you didn't assault anyone) or trying to get the charge changed (because shoplifting presumably has a lesser penalty).

I have zero idea of Irish law or the specifics of this case, but if the defendant's lawyer is trying to get the charge changed it must be because he thinks (a) the charge he prefers has a lesser penalty and (b) his client won't be able to get away with pleading "not guilty".

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_