DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones with back thruster

Jamesmatheson

Reactions
Hey the drone makesa where I live just want money before product
They need to make drones first then sell good ones and people will ask more for custom made
We need drones with back thrusters
The front would have more weight to support the back thruster engine
This way the back thruster would be more in control of stablity and fhe 4 propellers that lift the drone would only be to lift it off the ground
A drone with back thrusters would make a new era of airplanes with more seats and more comfort
Identical to Star trek
If anyone of you do please remember me

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I think the goal of back thrusters would be to increase forward speed, which is something helicopters always give way to fixed and variable pitch wings.

Thrusters would probably require some sort of fixed wing to maintain altitude and attitude, which would change and possibly defeat the whole VTOL function.

Remember Airwolf? It was a fantasy based helicopter with turbo thrusters. No way it could have kept in the air at Mach 1 swinging 3 chopper blades on the top.

Anumber of helicopters have tried rear pusher props, from the Lockheed Cheyanne to the Sikorsky X2 and there has even been one with a side mounted jet engine that I can't recall the name of, all are ultimately limited by the speed of the advancing rotor blade and none were successful enough to reach production, though the cheyanne did come close I believe.

As far as drones as concerned I think the simple technique of tilting the disc/whole craft forward is going to get you plenty fast enough, if you want very high speed then rotory wings are not really the way to go

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42