DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronexl website news Mavic3 Enterprise Optical Zoom!

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Interesting news. In another very recent thread it was posited that any optical zoom in a consumer drone is unlikely and quite a few reasonable explanations were given for that position. Now dronexl.co seems to think differently. To quote them:

"Based on a rough translation, it seems that one of the payloads of the new DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise and Thermal drones will feature the following:

• A 3m–1200m laser range finder
  • A 24MP, 1-inch CMOS sensor
  • 3 – 16 times optical zoom
  • Up to 300 times hybrid zoom"
This is not pure supposition. The Mav3 Enterprise and Mav3 Thermal have been registered with the Chinese Commodity Information Service for whatever that means.
I just got the Mini 3 much to my wife's chagrin. If the Mav3 with optical zoom comes out soon, I'll most likely have to check for the Couch Surfing forum here...

I love the looks of that! Depending on the price, I most likely will get this one.

Love the thoughts of airbags :)

1659186580213.png

Seems very odd that they would use the 1" instead of the 4/3.

The smaller the sensor, the easier to make the zoom lens.

On the M3 the circle of image of the lens don't cover the entire sensor, so instead of the advertised 4/3 20MP sensor you have the image cropped to 18.8MP and then upsampled to 20.8MP. So by knowing this it's quite clear why they decided to stick with the 1".

Interesting news. In another very recent thread it was posited that any optical zoom in a consumer drone is unlikely and quite a few reasonable explanations were given for that position. Now dronexl.co seems to think differently. To quote them:

"Based on a rough translation, it seems that one of the payloads of the new DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise and Thermal drones will feature the following:

• A 3m–1200m laser range finder
  • A 24MP, 1-inch CMOS sensor
  • 3 – 16 times optical zoom
  • Up to 300 times hybrid zoom"
This is not pure supposition. The Mav3 Enterprise and Mav3 Thermal have been registered with the Chinese Commodity Information Service for whatever that means.
I just got the Mini 3 much to my wife's chagrin. If the Mav3 with optical zoom comes out soon, I'll most likely have to check for the Couch Surfing forum here...

If DJI calls it an Enterprise model they probably don't consider it to be a consumer drone, and the folks in the other thread probably wouldn't either.

If DJI calls it an Enterprise model they probably don't consider it to be a consumer drone, and the folks in the other thread probably wouldn't either.
Good point. You think this means it won't include a lowered price compared to the Mavic 3? :)

Let's hope this will bring previous thermal drones a bit of discount, I always wanted a drone with relatively high-res thermal, like the Enterprise Advanced, as it can be super useful and helpful to people that lose their pets around or old people that get disoriented.

This week a dog run away from fireworks in my area, tried to search it with the M3 unsuccessfully, same happened a few months ago with an old tourist that disappeared on the area, wasn't able to find it, neither police did. I'm sure with a thermal, things would be different.

Meh, I wish they made an "Enterprise" Mavic 3 with a mechanical shutter and PPK for the price of a Cine (for photogrammetry). The Mavic 3P...

It kind of seems that a Mavic 3 Enterprise/Thermal would be infringing on the Matrice 30T space.

The first thing that comes to mind is a "budget" Matrice 30. Unless the price is right, and I can't imagine it would be seeing as my Cine as $5k. Maybe the new Mavic 3's won't offer the DJI RC Plus. Time will tell...

Let's hope this will bring previous thermal drones a bit of discount, I always wanted a drone with relatively high-res thermal, like the Enterprise Advanced, as it can be super useful and helpful to people that lose their pets around or old people that get disoriented.

This week a dog run away from fireworks in my area, tried to search it with the M3 unsuccessfully, same happened a few months ago with an old tourist that disappeared on the area, wasn't able to find it, neither police did. I'm sure with a thermal, things would be different.
Having tried to search for a lost dog with my Mavic 3 in the mountains near Boise I came to appreciate how challenging this can be. Even with thermal I don’t think it would be easy without a laser rangefinder to maintain a constant altitude on a steep slope and the ability to preprogram a grid pattern. It would
also be good to have real time image processing with an onboard GPU.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair