DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DSAR meeting June 8; what not to bring.

Former Member

Reactions
I think I have already made a list of what to bring, but this is a list of what equipment you might want to leave home.

Just based on my experience at the last DSAR meeting, there is a little bit of tension when trying to deploy and find the dummy victim. You have to make sure all your equipment works, make sure all your batteries are charged, make sure you use the right drone for the right conditions, and lastly, make sure you already know how to use the equipment you will be using.

Im bringing some new things to show people, but the drone I am going to be using for the mission is a beat up old Mavic Pro. Why should I use that when I have all these great new machines, and all this new equipment I want to test out? I use it because it works, and I know it's reliable, and I know how to use it. The last thing you want to be doing in a rescue is testing out a new piece of equipment, because if you are not familiar with its operation, you are going to be nervous about using it, and then add the pressure of time, and it could be a bad situation.

So, bring everything you want to bring, but try to do the first mission that we set up, on your most trusted bird. When we have some free time, you can always test out that new SC, M2P, or other device.

See you all next week.

Can someone please copy this thread and recreate ithen post it on the forum because it seems like alot of people have me on ignore due to my repetitive advertising practices, and they might not see it.

Reactions: Hawkwind
I think I have already made a list of what to bring, but this is a list of what equipment you might want to leave home.

Just based on my experience at the last DSAR meeting, there is a little bit of tension when trying to deploy and find the dummy victim. You have to make sure all your equipment works, make sure all your batteries are charged, make sure you use the right drone for the right conditions, and lastly, make sure you already know how to use the equipment you will be using.

Im bringing some new things to show people, but the drone I am going to be using for the mission is a beat up old Mavic Pro. Why should I use that when I have all these great new machines, and all this new equipment I want to test out? I use it because it works, and I know it's reliable, and I know how to use it. The last thing you want to be doing in a rescue is testing out a new piece of equipment, because if you are not familiar with its operation, you are going to be nervous about using it, and then add the pressure of time, and it could be a bad situation.

So, bring everything you want to bring, but try to do the first mission that we set up, on your most trusted bird. When we have some free time, you can always test out that new SC, M2P, or other device.

See you all next week.

Can someone please copy this thread and recreate ithen post it on the forum because it seems like alot of people have me on ignore due to my repetitive advertising practices, and they might not see it.

From Rob at Thunderdrones.

Reactions:Hawkwind