DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Dual Gas Drilling Rigs

DaveS

Reactions
This video is a good example of what I do with a drone almost all the time. The Mavic Pro 2 I use belongs to our company, Encore Multimedia, a full service marketing and advertising agency in Longview, Texas. I shot this for an oil and gas company based here called R. Lacy-Crain Energy. The video shows two rigs drilling mostly horizontal wells, for the eventual fracking that will produce natural gas. I started early in the morning when the fog was heavy and finished by mid afternoon. They are drilling five wells on this site in the Haynesville Play, in Panola County near the Louisiana boarder. The guys you see on the rig toward the end are some of the company owners. It's not a sexy video but I enjoy doing it.

This video is a good example of what I do with a drone almost all the time. The Mavic Pro 2 I use belongs to our company, Encore Multimedia, a full service marketing and advertising agency in Longview, Texas. I shot this for an oil and gas company based here called R. Lacy-Crain Energy. The video shows two rigs drilling mostly horizontal wells, for the eventual fracking that will produce natural gas. I started early in the morning when the fog was heavy and finished by mid afternoon. They are drilling five wells on this site in the Haynesville Play, in Panola County near the Louisiana boarder. The guys you see on the rig toward the end are some of the company owners. It's not a sexy video but I enjoy doing it.
Nice video and yes, the opening is great. However I prefer a short over all view (used later) first so I know what is about to be shown. Then show that great first shot.

Nice video and yes, the opening is great. However I prefer a short over all view (used later) first so I know what is about to be shown. Then show that great first shot.
You are correct and that's usually what I do. In fact, I normally start with a wide shot, out-of-focus with the title over that...the title fades out after 5-seconds or so and the wide shot comes into focus. In this case though, I decided to put the shots in order of most foggy (earliest in the day) to no fog (afternoon) so as not to confuse the viewer with fog going in and out. Thanks for the thoughts.

You are correct and that's usually what I do. In fact, I normally start with a wide shot, out-of-focus with the title over that...the title fades out after 5-seconds or so and the wide shot comes into focus. In this case though, I decided to put the shots in order of most foggy (earliest in the day) to no fog (afternoon) so as not to confuse the viewer with fog going in and out. Thanks for the thoughts.
Hi Good reasoning and I agree that was the best scheme. Thanks for your comments - One can learn alot from this site. /BoB

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan