DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dubrovnik Cinematic Footage

Let me be the first to applaud this video. You did a wonderful job on it. I appreciated the short clips (about 2-3 seconds each), crisp editing, the gimbal shots of your son ascending the steps of the wall/walk, and the town scenes, parade, pigeons, Dubrovnik Harbor, and cruise ship. When I was there , there were no less than 5 massive ships near the town and the island, each ship holding approximately 5,000 passengers. The streets were so crowded I couldn't walk through them. After 4PM, all the ships departed, leaving the town empty. DSC_4272.JPG

Reactions: Roy1957
Very, very good! I really like the idea of mixing drone photography with stills and video from ground level. I want to go there!!!!!

The shots of your son climbing the steps really added to it. Not sure my son would cooperate though. I think your is a little younger and a lot less grumpy!

Let me be the first to applaud this video. You did a wonderful job on it. I appreciated the short clips (about 2-3 seconds each), crisp editing, the gimbal shots of your son ascending the steps of the wall/walk, and the town scenes, parade, pigeons, Dubrovnik Harbor, and cruise ship. When I was there , there were no less than 5 massive ships near the town and the island, each ship holding approximately 5,000 passengers. The streets were so crowded I couldn't walk through them. After 4PM, all the ships departed, leaving the town empty.

thx for your feedback. I used some videos shot by smartphone, because I did not have much drone videos. but I did not use gimbal. the most of the videos shot by phone are very unstable and can not be used. therefor I bought a gambal for my next travel :)
In August I was 14 days in Croatia but only 2 days in Dubrovnik, it is really beatiful city, but the old town was always crowded in anytime.

Very, very good! I really like the idea of mixing drone photography with stills and video from ground level. I want to go there!!!!!

The shots of your son climbing the steps really added to it. Not sure my son would cooperate though. I think your is a little younger and a lot less grumpy!
glad you like it. this is my first try to mix the videos from drone and phone. I took lot of videos by phone, but I did not use gimbal, so most of them are very unstable.

glad you like it. this is my first try to mix the videos from drone and phone. I took lot of videos by phone, but I did not use gimbal, so most of them are very unstable.

But it works well! There is real life there. And places are about life - not just swooping aerial views.

My daughter and I plan to use our bikes to ride an old disused railway. I'm planning on mixing any decent phone video / photography with the drone stuff I plan to take. I think the mix is very effective, and thanks for sharing it.

thx for your feedback. I used some videos shot by smartphone, because I did not have much drone videos. but I did not use gimbal. the most of the videos shot by phone are very unstable and can not be used. therefor I bought a gambal for my next travel :)
In August I was 14 days in Croatia but only 2 days in Dubrovnik, it is really beatiful city, but the old town was always crowded in anytime.
Not to get too. much off topic, but my photography has gradually evolved from transparency slide shows (3 carousels and three projectors and three screens!!!), to what I do now, which is a mixture of a minimum of 6 "assets" (the folders I use in my source panel for Premiere Pro). These assets consists of (1) drone video (2) drone stills (3) DSLR timelapse videos (4) iPhone XI pro max video (5) Osmo Action (like Go Pro) video (6) Osmo Pocket video (7) Osmo Mobile Two Gimbal video. The final asset in the folder is the music sources.

The Osmo Mobile 2 has now been replaced with the Osmo Mobile 3, and the Osmo Mobil 2 is very cheap on e-bay. It has great stabilization for following a little boy up the stairs, or while running, and other action.

See my latest videos on Dale Davis

But it works well! There is real life there. And places are about life - not just swooping aerial views.

My daughter and I plan to use our bikes to ride an old disused railway. I'm planning on mixing any decent phone video / photography with the drone stuff I plan to take. I think the mix is very effective, and thanks for sharing it.

that is good idea.
I used my drone 2-3 time every year. I saw on youtube lot of greate footage shot by phone. I bought a gimbal and start to make phone videos each week.

Not to get too. much off topic, but my photography has gradually evolved from transparency slide shows (3 carousels and three projectors and three screens!!!), to what I do now, which is a mixture of a minimum of 6 "assets" (the folders I use in my source panel for Premiere Pro). These assets consists of (1) drone video (2) drone stills (3) DSLR timelapse videos (4) iPhone XI pro max video (5) Osmo Action (like Go Pro) video (6) Osmo Pocket video (7) Osmo Mobile Two Gimbal video. The final asset in the folder is the music sources.

The Osmo Mobile 2 has now been replaced with the Osmo Mobile 3, and the Osmo Mobil 2 is very cheap on e-bay. It has great stabilization for following a little boy up the stairs, or while running, and other action.

See my latest videos on Dale Davis
I bought Zhiyun smooth 4. it works very good, but due to corona pandemic I don't have much chance to use it. I hope it will be over ASAP

Wow! I loved it! I'm far from a photographer or anything like that, but I was pretty impressed with the video. The contrast of colors, and how the colors just "pop"! Did you use any filters or edit the colors, or is that the original video footage? Either was I really enjoyed it. Great job!

Wow! I loved it! I'm far from a photographer or anything like that, but I was pretty impressed with the video. The contrast of colors, and how the colors just "pop"! Did you use any filters or edit the colors, or is that the original video footage? Either was I really enjoyed it. Great job!
thx for your feedback.
yes I edited the with adoble premiere. just added more contrast and saturation
I did not use any filter. but I think it is a good idea. I will try it later :)

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121