DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dunes - abstract photos of sand and gravel

Different.
I find industrial sites interesting to visit, haven't flown them to photograph in the same way you do.
So you just fly over, find an interesting scene, compose and photograph ?
Nothing is staged ?

The abandoned ironworks is cool.

Different.
I find industrial sites interesting to visit, haven't flown them to photograph in the same way you do.
So you just fly over, find an interesting scene, compose and photograph ?
Nothing is staged ?

The abandoned ironworks is cool.
I am generally interested in industrial photography, as you might have seen on my site. So basically yes, I find an industrial site (concrete plant, power plant, etc.) using Google Maps or sometimes just driving by, plan the time of the day, fly over, take shots higher and lower, and then carefully crop and edit. Nothing is staged except that I try to do this on weekends, when trucks and other equipment stand still.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
German,

you are an accomplished fine arts photographer! I enjoyed seeing your portfolio. Your method of finding the sites is great, you gave me some ideas and I appreciate it, thank you!

Curious, the aerial photos above the tracks in your trains section, particularly the black and whites, where those taken with your M2P? I can’t believe that they were, but if they are, you are really doing well with that camera! The patterns shapes and colors of your dunes series is really interesting as well. I worked at some construction sites and really enjoy doing stills, there’s so many things to photograph there! Thank you for posting your work, it is really nice.

German,

you are an accomplished fine arts photographer! I enjoyed seeing your portfolio. Your method of finding the sites is great, you gave me some ideas and I appreciate it, thank you!

Curious, the aerial photos above the tracks in your trains section, particularly the black and whites, where those taken with your M2P? I can’t believe that they were, but if they are, you are really doing well with that camera! The patterns shapes and colors of your dunes series is really interesting as well. I worked at some construction sites and really enjoy doing stills, there’s so many things to photograph there! Thank you for posting your work, it is really nice.

Thanks, AMann. No, of course those trains were shot with a DSLR (Nikon D610/D750), from a bridge. This is another method I use - finding a relatively large train yard, and then a bridge near that to take photos like these. Sometimes those places turn up empty, but this is part of the game...
The only drone photos in my portfolio are Spine
Power Station, Two IIB and Pipes and Chimneys

Thanks, AMann. No, of course those trains were shot with a DSLR (Nikon D610/D750), from a bridge. This is another method I use - finding a relatively large train yard, and then a bridge near that to take photos like these. Sometimes those places turn up empty, but this is part of the game...
The only drone photos in my portfolio are Spine
Power Station, Two IIB and Pipes and Chimneys
Wow, the spine photo looks great, and in terms of the technical aspects of it, turning it monochrome really shows off the Mavic’s camera capabilities really well. I also noticed the clouds and sky background with the “Two IIb” photo looks nice as well, usually small cameras, even high resolution ones, just can’t do far away objects that sharply, but you pulled it off. Nice work!

Reactions: Elvis44
I like your shots a lot, especially seeing them together gives them more impact than they would have had if seen one by one. Thumbswayup

By the way, there is a Facebook page www_facebook_com/IndustrialFineArtPhotography where I post photographs like these.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos