DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Durham, North Carolina

Thanks to a friend for some roof access. Flew from several spots. Put this together rather fast.

Thanks for the nice video.

I was curious as to whether it was legal to fly over a minor league stadium as I watched your video. Provided it's an an hour before or after the game, you're good and by the looks of the stadium, you're good.

FAA reference here: Stadiums and Sporting Events

Excerpt:
1620002081862.png

Now I can consider the area around the stadium of the Rockland Boulders as a place suitable for flying; I would have not considered that without your video.

Again, thanks. :)

Thanks for the nice video.

I was curious as to whether it was legal to fly over a minor league stadium as I watched your video. Provided it's an an hour before or after the game, you're good and by the looks of the stadium, you're good.

FAA reference here: Stadiums and Sporting Events

Excerpt:
View attachment 128463

Now I can consider the area around the stadium of the Rockland Boulders as a place suitable for flying; I would have not considered that without your video.

Again, thanks. :)
Minor League Baseball is not MLB even though they share affiliates. This video was taken 13 days prior to opening day. Obviously flying on a game day isn’t the swiftest move even with said faa rules.

I love baseball and love flying around fields. I’ve done a few videos from various ballparks.

The Rockland Boulders aren’t an affiliated team they are independent of MLB and Minor League Baseball itself and play in an independent league. I would go over for a flight if I were you.

Reactions: mshmovie
Minor League Baseball is not MLB even though they share affiliates. This video was taken 13 days prior to opening day. Obviously flying on a game day isn’t the swiftest move even with said faa rules.

I love baseball and love flying around fields. I’ve done a few videos from various ballparks.

The Rockland Boulders aren’t an affiliated team they are independent of MLB and Minor League Baseball itself and play in an independent league. I would go over for a flight if I were you.
I'll check B4UFLY and check signage, if all is clear, I'll fly.

Nice video, but I am a bit concerned that the horizon tilts down on the right side consistently. Could it be that something in your drone is keeping it from level flying or perhaps it is related to gimbal calibration? Greetings from a neighbor in CH!!?

Nice video, but I am a bit concerned that the horizon tilts down on the right side consistently. Could it be that something in your drone is keeping it from level flying or perhaps it is related to gimbal calibration? Greetings from a neighbor in CH!!?

there is a gimbal issue that was addressed when I got home. I found that it wasn’t sitting properly and it has been fixed.

Was visiting some friends in Chapel Hill didn’t do much there flying wise other than some backyard shots of their house.

I had contacted both UNC and Duke about campus flying but the agencies that handle that are non essential and not working currently. There are a few forms to fill out too. I wouldn’t recommend it for novice flyers I think they only want established insured people flying on campus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet