DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DXO Photolab optics model for Mavic Mini 2

mangurian

Reactions
If any of you like Photolab for your image processing, please go to the camera suggestions under optics modules and suggest the Mini2.

They have a number of Mavics but not the mini or min 2.

Thanks,

What is DXO Photolab?

Reactions: Thomas B
New poster, sounds like an advert and getting you to search ?

What is DXO Photolab?
It is the app I use on all my Canon RAW files. DXO calibrates camera/lens combinations for all major brands and the corrects for dispersion and aberation. They have tousands of combinations. It uses your images EXIF data to determine what camera and lens you are using. I do almost all of my post processing with it. Not cheap, but excellent. I am sure many photographers on this site know of it (unless they use Lightroom). ------and NO, I am not a shill for DXO, I just want them to compensate for my Mini 2 camera/lens.

Why should we promote a “me too” product?
What does "me too" product mean? It's an alternative to Lightroom and Capture One for working with RAW files.

I found a free program called exiftool that will batch change all Mini2 DNG files so that DXO Photolab will process the RAW files.
If DxO Photolab doesn't handle the Mini 2 DNG files by default, you could contact their tech support and offer to send them a sample file. If all it takes is a modification to the EXIF metadata to allow Photolab to read the files, it should be an easy fix for them.

If DxO Photolab doesn't handle the Mini 2 DNG files by default, you could contact their tech support and offer to send them a sample file. If all it takes is a modification to the EXIF metadata to allow Photolab to read the files, it should be an easy fix for them.
I actually did that, not for the Mini 2 but for another camera. The camera was supported but not in timelapse mode. DxO support said timelapse mode changes key information in the DNG file and that its information cannot be properly retrieved by PhotoLab. They did not elaborate. They just said hopefully support for the timelapse DNG files would be added in the near future. This is why I want to experiment with the exiftool mangurian mentioned. By the way, the DxO support staff responded to my email fast and also when they examined the files I sent.

FWIW, I used the exiftool program but was unable to manipulate changes for timelpase DNG's on the camera I was using. I do like the amount of data displayed and it is a good tool to remove personal metadata embedded in photos for online posting. Still experimenting but just wanted to pass this on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000