DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamically updating RTH - for DJI Aire 2S and DJI Mini 3 Pro

DmitryGlinka

Reactions
Hey there

Picture the scenario, where I am on a moving boat out at see flying my DJI Mini 3 Pro and my buddy is flying his DJI Air 2S.
Or could be moving car...
Since my current location is changing, is there an option for the RTH to track the changing location of the controller?
If not, then next best thing would be to stop and update current location for RTH.

Can somebody explain if and how I can get the drone to automatically track my new location for RTH to return to my current location rather than original location?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there

Picture the scenario, where I am on a moving boat out at see flying my DJI Mini 3 Pro and my buddy is flying his DJI Air 2S.
Or could be moving car...
Since my current location is changing, is there an option for the RTH to track the changing location of the controller?
If not, then next best thing would be to stop and update current location for RTH.

Can somebody explain if and how I can get the drone to automatically track my new location for RTH to return to my current location rather than original location?

Thanks in advance!
From the DJI Fly App

Settings > Safety > Update Home Point > Select "controller"

The DJI Fly app does not allow the pilot to set the RC as a dynamic homepoint as mentioned a few times above. However, you can set the homepoint to be dynamic and track the RC using the LITCHI app. It's one of the reasons I bought LITCHI. Waypoint mission capability and the ability to turn off the Landing Protection System are the others.

Reactions: DmitryGlinka
The DJI Fly app does not allow the pilot to set the RC as a dynamic homepoint as mentioned a few times above. However, you can set the homepoint to be dynamic and track the RC using the LITCHI app. It's one of the reasons I bought LITCHI. Waypoint mission capability and the ability to turn off the Landing Protection System are the others.
Thanks brutha... that sounds great for Air 2S owners for example but DJI have not released the SDK yet for the Mini 3Pro so LITCHI doesn't currently support the Mini 3Pro. Looks like I am stuck with DJI Fly for the time being.
Thanks for the info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura