DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Eagles Eye View of Crater Lake Oregon

Hi there. I have visited Crater Lake under these exact snowy conditions (before my drone days). One of my best trips ever. But, I am surprised to hear that you cannot fly a drone there. It is so open and unpopulated.
It is in a National Park, so the next best thing I could do was to tackle the project in a "Fixed Wing" aircraft. Besides, at 237 mph it got the job done a little faster than my Mavic 2 Pro would do.

Is that above the tops of the mountains or the base? I'm just wondering. Cause the view in the video looks like what I might see with my drone at 400' but its also mostly flat here
We mostly flew at 10,000 ft. above SEA LEVEL. We did fly higher for a while, but the air was getting pretty thin up higher. We were not flying with oxygen on board. It was also getting pretty COLD in the cockpit at that elevation.

I guess it is necessary due to people who do not respect anything or anyone. Then, laws come into effect to try to control these, to the detriment of people who do know how to behave. Ahhh, the so-called civilized world. Thanks for the info - will read.
Best regards from post-carnaval Brazil.

We must respect nature when flying our drones. These noisy little devices may annoy some people who are trying to enjoy the scenery. That is quite understandable, so I try to fly sensitive places when other people are not close by. Example: Mid-week days when tourism is at a low volume, or maybe at 10,000 ft. elevation, (within the Law). Fortunately we have some really awesome camera technology these days so we do not have to be real intrusive in sensitive areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista