DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Earlier Post Asking About Inexpensive Drones for Recreation Only

Etbrown4

Reactions
ONLY for kids, someone getting started, or just for fun, some might consider the Lyzrc L900 with gps, under 250g, and under $75 from Aliexpress with 2 batteries and brushless motors. (I have no connection to the product)

It is reasonably stable and has Rth, and should make a great trainer. In some ways you might consider it even a throw away drone.

Most lacking is the shakey, and low quality. video, probably 1080p. It has a 1 axis gimbal. Don't consider it for any kind of professional photography. It might be ok for a photo of your own home etc.

Wifi range is limited, though you might expect about 250-300 meters range between controller and drone.

There's also the L700 for a few dollars more, and a longer battery life.

You can preview a Youtube by "hobbiest" reviewer Quadcopter101 as he tests most functions.

So if you want a moderately reliable $75 drone for your kid who is otherwise dying to crash your $3000 Mavic, this could be a reasonable alternative. Another might be the Holy Stone 175D for about $109, and I'm sure there are others. Never forget the L900 is just 25% of the cost of a DJI Mini SE!

The remote has a lcd display. So it's better than the RC-N1!

Plenty of used Mavic pros out there for under 400.00
Hard to beat that one for that price range.

Reactions: Cafguy
I found that the starter drones with GPS did more harm than good. Their stability was always wonky, their range was limited, and the image quality really subpar. Things like the Holy Stone HS175 had a reputation for many fly aways. Experiencing things like that really kills your confidence.

These drones would always promise more but ultimately fail you.

I found it better flying smaller toy drones and forgetting about GPS and the camera. This really taught me how to fly...strictly line of sight. They can take crashes too. Tons of fun! Fly aways aren't too big of an issue because you wouldn't dare fly them too high in the air. Learn those skills, then something like a DJI drone feels like it flies itself.

I found that the starter drones with GPS did more harm than good. Their stability was always wonky, their range was limited, and the image quality really subpar. Things like the Holy Stone HS175 had a reputation for many fly aways. Experiencing things like that really kills your confidence.

These drones would always promise more but ultimately fail you.

I found it better flying smaller toy drones and forgetting about GPS and the camera. This really taught me how to fly...strictly line of sight. They can take crashes too. Tons of fun! Fly aways aren't too big of an issue because you wouldn't dare fly them too high in the air. Learn those skills, then something like a DJI drone feels like it flies itself.

I have to add an "Amen!" to this, in addition to the like. Beginning with a well stabilized drone with good GPS and VPS is too easy and doesn't teach you how to actually fly the drone. And it leaves you unprepared for that day when the drone slips into ATTI mode.

Reactions: maggior

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne