DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Early begginig of editing... Learning from ashes

Very good and rather smooth for first attempt! Wondering if you consider some smooth transition between scenes instead of a hard cut?

Very good and rather smooth for first attempt! Wondering if you consider some smooth transition between scenes instead of a hard cut?
Yes, I will do it as soon as I'll get a good program to do so.

Here is one of my first edits (first with Mavic Mini)
Please tell me what u think.

Thanks
I liked the first part. You had smooth flying, not jerky and full of yaws. After about 1:55 it got repetitious, and after 2:14 the film was unusably dark. I would have stopped it at 2:14 with a fade out. I agree with the post about the lack of transitions. A nice crossfade dissolve always works well for me. Finally, I think you need better color correction. The entire film seemed like a RAW file to me- e.g.: no punch, flat coloring, dull. Your flying around the church and he circle was good. Just keep up the practicing and learn editing more. I find You Tube amazingly helpful for particular problems in my editing.

Dale
Miami

I liked the first part. You had smooth flying, not jerky and full of yaws. After about 1:55 it got repetitious, and after 2:14 the film was unusably dark. I would have stopped it at 2:14 with a fade out. I agree with the post about the lack of transitions. A nice crossfade dissolve always works well for me. Finally, I think you need better color correction. The entire film seemed like a RAW file to me- e.g.: no punch, flat coloring, dull. Your flying around the church and he circle was good. Just keep up the practicing and learn editing more. I find You Tube amazingly helpful for particular problems in my editing.

Dale
Miami
thanks a lot for suggestions. I`m trying now Filmora witch i found quite easy and full off usable features.
Below you will find what I`ve done today so I`m waiting for another review (it`s still processing HD version) :)
Thanks
Adam

thanks a lot for suggestions. I`m trying now Filmora witch i found quite easy and full off usable features.
Below you will find what I`ve done today so I`m waiting for another review (it`s still processing HD version) :)
Thanks
Adam
I like this one a lot! The best part was the low pass over the grass through the gravestones. A true Hollywood shot if I have ever seen one. Was that done with a camera gimbal held close to the ground or your drone placed amazingly close to earth? Whatever it was, it was effective. The haunting music and choir also very good. The color balance still a bit off- a bit muddy looking. Needs some sort of contrast or sharpening...not really sure of the term I'd like. In the US we would say, the image "pops!" It sort of jumps out at you like a very high definition print.

I like this one a lot! The best part was the low pass over the grass through the gravestones. A true Hollywood shot if I have ever seen one. Was that done with a camera gimbal held close to the ground or your drone placed amazingly close to earth? Whatever it was, it was effective. The haunting music and choir also very good. The color balance still a bit off- a bit muddy looking. Needs some sort of contrast or sharpening...not really sure of the term I'd like. In the US we would say, the image "pops!" It sort of jumps out at you like a very high definition print.
I was just flying low over the grass. I have no idea yet how to correct that colours and contrast on the video clip recorded by drone. It's only mavic mini.

No, you cannot correct color in the drone.(in the US we spell color differently). The SD card file is loaded on to your computer and opened up in a video editing program like Adobe Premiere Pro or others and the color correction done in the video editing software.

Ok. I'll try how it works, but please have it in mind that less than month ago I knew that there is something called video editing software and it's used to make movies we watch in cinemas :)

Ok. I'll try how it works, but please have it in mind that less than month ago I knew that there is something called video editing software and it's used to make movies we watch in cinemas :)
YES! There is no question that video editing is a daunting challenge!!! Bit if you want to fly a drone, I'm sure you also want to use your drone to film still images and create video memories, or video productions. I spent the better part of two years (I've had a drone for 2 years), trying to get somebody to teach me Adobe Premiere Pro. Other editing programs are said to be more user friends and intuitive. Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro have large learning curves. There Finally, YOUe are free programs that our forum members say are equal to the capabilities of Premiere (DaVinci Resolve- free version). There are many others. I suggest you read the posts for video editing by clicking on the reading glass icon and the top of this page and typing in the search term, "video editing."

I was sort of fortunate in being able to learn Premiere. I found a person who would sit with me for two straight days from morning until night at my own computer and walk me through the program. It's a bit of a longer story that I can relate on a private conversation. Finally, there is always YOU TUBE which has many Adobe Premiere Pro film on it as well as other software programs. I can also recommend the company, Creative Live, and I have purchased their course, called Adobe Premiere Pro Video Editing, The Complete Guide

A final word!!! You will need a fairly powerful computer, and have at least 32GB of RAM. I find Apple iMAC with iOS operating system very intuitive for graphics software.

Best of Luck

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 2.41.17 PM.png by Abba Shapiro. See attached.

I agree. I may use something different at the beginning or the end but between scenes I only use fades or dissolves. Makes the video much smoother. I also would remove the underexposed scenes or adjust the, before I include them

No, you cannot correct color in the drone.(in the US we spell color differently). The SD card file is loaded on to your computer and opened up in a video editing program like Adobe Premiere Pro or others and the color correction done in the video editing software.
is it anything better now? i1ve done my homework (but is it done correctly?)
thanks

is it anything better now? i1ve done my homework (but is it done correctly?)
thanks

Absolutely YES!!! Looks great now. Better sharpening, color correction, and the images have some definition, or "pop." Good work.

Dale
Miami

Nice.... Thanks for sharing.
I also am getting use to Filmora and they will overwhelm with how to videos.
All software programs will have many controls to get use to.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke