Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ebay mavic mini open box

dahunn

Reactions
Hello,
On ebay i saw this advertisement
DJI MAVIC MINI DRONE 12MP 2.7K HD Camera Gimbal FCC Model MT1SS5
it is open box for $ 44. you can pay with paypal, so kind of safe i guess..
what do you guys think? to buy or not to buy......

• Haha
Reactions: Bob L
Hello,
On ebay i saw this advertisement
DJI MAVIC MINI DRONE 12MP 2.7K HD Camera Gimbal FCC Model MT1SS5
it is open box for $ 44. you can pay with paypal, so kind of safe i guess..
what do you guys think? to buy or not to buy......
probably what it says( camera gimbal )

Please post a picture of what is in your box for only $40.00
i'm also very curious. It will take a month to arrive. But as of now i can not see anything that tells me that it is not the drone....Even if it is broken it is still a bargain. I can use the spare parts. I'm dying with anticipation what i will get when it's being delivered. Hope to put a picture by then.

Last month, I saw a listing for new Minis on eBay for $38, I think it was, and over 30 had already been sold. The same seller only had one other item for sale: a robot vacuum that retailed for $600 listed for $25. I reported the listings to eBay and the next day they were gone. Several years ago, someone hacked my eBay account and listed a bunch of computers for ridiculously low prices. They had already "sold" about 20 before I noticed and contacted eBay to close them down. (I got the account back with no liability.)

OP, i just created an account so i could follow this thread haha. Please let us know how the drone from eBay turns out, as i am also interested in buying one. Thanks
Remember that the ad specifies the word gimble. If that word wasn’t there, then it would be fraud. Good luck

Remember that the ad specifies the word gimble. If that word wasn’t there, then it would be fraud. Good luck
Thanks for the heads up. I just went and read the description, and it says it includes the drone and remote in the box, but I guess I can’t be sure with these sketchy eBay sites. I think I’m going to wait until the OP receives his and see if he actually got the drone or not, and then decide if i want to purchase it. You’re probably right

Couple of things I've learned dealing a lot with eBay, there are chinamart clones out there and they will sell them like this a lot of the times as the real thing. The fact you communicated with the buyer might be a good sign. Another thing to look at their other items and look at their score if there score is really low and it's the only item they are selling it's a decent chance they are legit, but if it's it's low and they haven't sold anything in 6 months and they have a few items that are "too good to be true" their account might have been hacked, these are usually easy to tell, it's usually the latest thing, like an iPhone 11 and they have 10 of them for 200 bucks and say stuff like blemish modeled iPhones or something, or open box, and spelling errors they will sell a bunch of stuff, never send it then their account gets blocked, but because they are in a foreign country they get their money, paypal will reimburse you but they get away with it too, it can be a month before you get the money back, but $44 isn't life or death.

I've been burned 100% of the time with such offers. Ebay will likely close that "seller" account pretty soon.

I've learned to ignore offers for less than 1/2 price. Think how easy it would be sell these drones at even 25% off. Let alone 50% off. You are talking over 90% off. Scam. More of them every month.

I found what I take to be the OP's item on eBay UK: DJI MAVIC MINI DRONE 12MP 2.7K HD Camera Gimbal FCC Model MT1SS5 5.725-5.850 GHz | eBay It's supposed to be shipped from the US.
I see that the seller now has just 66.2% positive feedback, and that's pretty dire. At one time his feedback looked good, with comments such as, "Very pleased! Good quality. Item as described!!!Thank you!!!" or "Brilliant service. Fabulous product and quick delivery. Thanks guys."
However, the positive feedback generally came from people who themselves had either zero feedback or just 1 or 2 positive feedbacks. One might conclude that the seller or his chums have simply invented some fake buyer accounts.
More recent feedback is along the lines of, "This Seller advertises at a very low cost but does not ship the item you buy," or, "SCAMMER, he farmed his account with fake reviews, then stole all of our money "
I see that the listing for the Mavic Mini says, "Free Standard International Shipping." I gues that shipping is free because he's never going to actually ship anything.
One curious thing is that the seller is said to have been an eBay member since January 2014. I suspect that either he's had a sleeper eBay account that he's brought back to life for the purposes of his current scams or else that he's hijacked an account belonging to someone else. In any case, though, it's naive to think that you're going to get such an amazing bargain from this guy, even thought he does claim to be a "DJI Authorized Dealer. Full warranty. Buy with confidence."
Some of those who left more recent feedback complain that payment to the seller wasn't working. In that case, they've had a lucky escape!

Last edited:
I found what I take to be the OP's item on eBay UK: DJI MAVIC MINI DRONE 12MP 2.7K HD Camera Gimbal FCC Model MT1SS5 5.725-5.850 GHz | eBay It's supposed to be shipped from the US.
I see that the seller now has just 66.2% positive feedback, and that's pretty dire. At one time his feedback looked good, with comments such as, "Very pleased! Good quality. Item as described!!!Thank you!!!" or "Brilliant service. Fabulous product and quick delivery. Thanks guys."
However, the positive feedback generally comes from people who themselves have either zero feedback or just 1 or 2 positive feedbacks. One might conclude that the seller or his chums have simply invented some fake buyer accounts.
More recent feedback is along the lines of, "This Seller advertises at a very low cost but does not ship the item you buy," or, "SCAMMER, he farmed his account with fake reviews, then stole all of our money "
I see that the listing for the Mavic Mini says, "Free Standard International Shipping." I gues that shipping is free because he's never going to actually ship anything.
One curious thing is that the seller is said to have been an eBay member since January 2014. I suspect that either he's had a sleeper eBay account that he's brought back to life for the purposes of his current scams or else that he's hijacked an account belonging to someone else. In any case, though, it's naive to think that you're going to get such an amazing bargain from this guy, even thought he does claim to be a "DJI Authorized Dealer. Full warranty. Buy with confidence."
Some of those who left more recent feedback complain that payment to the seller wasn't working. In that case, they've had a lucky escape!
Wow, he's sold 77 of them and has "more than 10" left. That's a lot of open boxes!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf