DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Effective filming movements .....

Storyline

Reactions
I am now into my 10th flight with my Mavic Pro and I am satisfied I have my camera set up more or less with optimum settings to get the best out of it and also softened my gimble etc. Yesterday I took some video in my garden at a low altitude with 'golden hour' lighting and correctly aligned NDPL filter. I have to admit the quality looks really good on my computer monitor and so much better than my first flight and TBH, better than I expected.

Now I would like to learn some flying movements that are pleasing to the eye. Without being big headed I have many hours on my first gen Phantom Vision and model planes/helicopters so can fly the Mavic without having to think what stick movements are needed to make her go in the direction I want irrespective of her orientation relative to me. However adding camera movements on at the same time is going to take a lot of practice.

My current problem is a lack of artistic ability/experience so I think my footage looks boring. I know about the reverse and climb from the target and also rotating around the target whilst panning the camera and I think the Mavic can do that itself.

Are there any techniques/movements that people find effective that people would not mind sharing (I realise that some people might not want to share their signature type tricks ;)) but there must be some that are common place and just work.

I do plan to analyse some pleasing footage on YouTube to see if I can find some.

Nb before anyone accuses me of being far too scientific and having a lack of artistic ability I will hold my hands up and agree !

I use spotlight mode to keep the camera pointed at the subject while I fly up and away or down and toward the subject.

Have to look that up. I always like the change in altitude and distance from subject. I know we can emphasise it using UHD footage in post but the new Mavic zoom should be good for this. (I haven't read anything about it but assume the zoom means exactly that and it has a zoom lens).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61