DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency Propeller Stop

Tenny

Reactions
Does the Mavic Air (1) have this feature?

I'm a very experienced drone pilot (raced "professionally" for years) but picked up a Mavic Air a few years ago. Haven't used it a ton, but I want to take it on my boat with me for some shots at times. Telling the mavic air to land on a boat that may be moving (from waves, or under power) doesn't seem like the easiest thing. Doing the both sticks down and inward or down and outward isn't "instant".

Is there any "instant" prop disable ability? I swear I looked through the options considerably and didn't see anything.

Does the Mavic Air (1) have this feature?

I'm a very experienced drone pilot (raced "professionally" for years) but picked up a Mavic Air a few years ago. Haven't used it a ton, but I want to take it on my boat with me for some shots at times. Telling the mavic air to land on a boat that may be moving (from waves, or under power) doesn't seem like the easiest thing. Doing the both sticks down and inward or down and outward isn't "instant".

Is there any "instant" prop disable ability? I swear I looked through the options considerably and didn't see anything.

WELCOME to the forum :)

The CSC (which you mention in your post) is the closest thing I'm aware of for an INSTANT MOTOR STOP! Unfortunately there is a slight delay (I'm sure this is a safety feature) which can be an inconvenience.

Landing on a moving boat is a HUGE challenge especially with the Mavic series. With a Phantom there's a nice beefy undercarriage (aka Grab Handle) to get ahold of but with the Mavic series there is nothing like that.

WELCOME to the forum :)

The CSC (which you mention in your post) is the closest thing I'm aware of for an INSTANT MOTOR STOP! Unfortunately there is a slight delay (I'm sure this is a safety feature) which can be an inconvenience.

Landing on a moving boat is a HUGE challenge especially with the Mavic series. With a Phantom there's a nice beefy undercarriage (aka Grab Handle) to get ahold of but with the Mavic series there is nothing like that.
Thanks for the response, I couldn't find CSC within the options. Based on what I read it takes 3 seconds, which seems utterly useless to use when you are already near a surface as by that point it'll have pitch rolled into a completely different area.

With my FPV drones, I have arm set to a switch, so I could easily use one of those and flip the switch and catch the drone, which I've done literally thousands of times. Wish there was an "instant" way of doing it.

Reactions: BigAl07
The mavic Air 1 have CSC commands to start & stop the motors ... & the manual also cover doing this in mid-flight at will, but that is wrong (have a MA1 my self & have tested).

The CSC command only works when on ground & possibly when some DJI defined emergency situation occurs mid-flight.

Drone models using the DJI FLY app have a pilot choice to set stopping motors at will or in a DJI defined emergency situation ... but not MA1's with the GO4 app.

You have it here in the manual ...
(get it here --> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air User Manual v1.0.pdf )

1645546791339.png

Reactions: Tenny and BigAl07
The mavic Air 1 have CSC commands to start & stop the motors ... & the manual also cover doing this in mid-flight at will, but that is wrong (have a MA1 my self & have tested).

The CSC command only works when on ground & possibly when some DJI defined emergency situation occurs mid-flight.

Drone models using the DJI FLY app have a pilot choice to set stopping motors at will or in a DJI defined emergency situation ... but not MA1's with the GO4 app.

(get it here --> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air User Manual v1.0.pdf )

View attachment 144332
Ok, that's unfortunate. I saw that part in the manual while looking it up but was hoping there was more or a newer addition that allows it.

Thanks!

Reactions: PeterPatrick

View attachment 144332
Read the last sentence. It does work midflight.

Read the last sentence. It does work midflight.
Like I said… it seems to take 3 seconds or more at least in my experience trying it today.

So I’m the case of dropping it 6 inches or so is pretty useless as it’ll have crashed into the ground rolling / pitching trying to execute the the maneuver long before CSC kicks in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143