DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Employers wants to use footage

Thanks, it will be interesting to hear what the CAA have to say on the matter.
Well I received a reply from CAA! I really wasn't expecting one to be honest. The reply isn't extensive or goes into much detail and consists of only 5 lines but this is what the CAA said.

Thank you for your email.
No-one should be selling any footage taken with their UAS unless they have a permission from us.
They should not fly in an area where it is not safe to do so and should follow the drone code at all times as a recreational pilot.
The CAA do not have the powers to prosecute third parties but would forward evidence to the police, it is a police matter.
This enquiry has been filed.

And that is it. Take from that whatever you want. I'd say it leaves a pretty big grey area and could be open to interpretation. Which brings us right back to the beginning!

Shall we draw a line under this now? I feel it's run its course.......

Well I received a reply from CAA! I really wasn't expecting one to be honest. The reply isn't extensive or goes into much detail and consists of only 5 lines but this is what the CAA said.

No-one should be selling any footage taken with their UAS unless they have a permission from us.
They should not fly in an area where it is not safe to do so and should follow the drone code at all times as a recreational pilot.
The CAA do not have the powers to prosecute third parties but would forward evidence to the police, it is a police matter.

And that is it. Take from that whatever you want. I'd say it leaves a pretty big grey area and could be open to interpretation. Which brings us right back to the beginning!

LOL! how arrogant can it get...... How dare you use OUR sky to make money, without sharing it with us.

Well that’s as clear as mud then.
Yes we’ll sensibly draw a line under this.
I have to thank all the participants for the excellent input which led to the discussion, and thank you to everyone who followed the thread.
I wish everyone safe flying, good health and happiness.
Thank you Brian

Too many laws and way too many sheep .. re not allowed to charge for fights in a private aircraft I’m not sure hot this site gets around this bit I’m up for “hitching” a lift with Uber of the sky .. Wingly, the flight sharing platform

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial