DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ENHANCED WARNING ZONE won't go away - Flying in a completely "legal" area - help!

I will try today, but honestly it's really put me off flying for now :-(, Im nervous enough already taking up the bird, but with this distraction every couple of seconds my confidence is just ebbing away completely.

You turn off notifications or warnings and that’s it. Period. It never bothers u again. Now u just have to use a little sense about where to fly but it sounds like yer very careful anyway. Mine used to warn about all kinds of nonsense. I’m surprised it didn’t say UFO landing zone. I turned it all off. Haven’t been bothered since.

Reactions: Salla50
How do I do this? I always am very careful not to fly in a no fly zone, and consult an online map almost daily specifically for this purpose, so turning of the notification would be good. Or do you mean cancelling it each time it appears? In this case its a no go, as it reappears literally a couple of seconds after cancelling it. Severely distracting to the flying and filming.
I had the same problem today while flying in a restricted area. The gist of the message which is right in the center of the iPad screen says, restricted area, fly at your own risk. If your willing to take the risk hit yes, but when I consistently hit yes every different way I could, it won't go away. I can still fly and shoot video, buy like you say it's really distracting and it covers up some of my menu controls. I had the same thing happen at a different park, and I was able to hit "yes", and the message went away. Marc.

You turn off notifications or warnings and that’s it. Period. It never bothers u again. Now u just have to use a little sense about where to fly but it sounds like yer very careful anyway. Mine used to warn about all kinds of nonsense. I’m surprised it didn’t say UFO landing zone. I turned it all off. Haven’t been bothered since.
That's great, except if it also turns off really important messages, like compass warnings, low battery warnings, and such. Would it turn off those messages also? Marc.

That's great, except if it also turns off really important messages, like compass warnings, low battery warnings, and such. Would it turn off those messages also? Marc.
If you are referring to the screen shots I posted earlier, NO it does not turn off anything but the airspace warnings, The airspace will still show on the map in a shaded circle, but the little text message wont pop up all the time and block your screen for the items you choose to turn off.
It MAY NOT shut off warnings that require you to agree to anything.

I had the same problem today while flying in a restricted area. The gist of the message which is right in the center of the iPad screen says, restricted area, fly at your own risk. If your willing to take the risk hit yes, but when I consistently hit yes every different way I could, it won't go away. I can still fly and shoot video, buy like you say it's really distracting and it covers up some of my menu controls. I had the same thing happen at a different park, and I was able to hit "yes", and the message went away. Marc.
Hi Marc. I found out that the warning was repeating because I was not connected to the internet at that time. If your controller is connected, then it should cancel and not keep coming back :) - Ps... I also found out that according to Mavic, I'm in a "warning area" but according to the swiss local aviation map, I'm not. Mavic is clearly more cautious than the swiss authorities. The radii around airfields is much larger on the Mavic map. Hence why I was getting the warnings :)

Hi Marc. I found out that the warning was repeating because I was not connected to the internet at that time. If your controller is connected, then it should cancel and not keep coming back :) - Ps... I also found out that according to Mavic, I'm in a "warning area" but according to the swiss local aviation map, I'm not. Mavic is clearly more cautious than the swiss authorities. The radii around airfields is much larger on the Mavic map. Hence why I was getting the warnings :)
Thanks, Salla50. The field I was flying in is probably 2-4 miles from a smaller airport. This warning I'm getting has an option yes or no, am I willing to take responsibility. When I hit yes, it just wont respond, so the message stays there in the middle of my screen. I was connected to the internet, but maybe something wasn't connected with the controller or something? I read somewhere else where a guy says you have to click a blue circle first, then hit yes, but I don't remember seeing the blue circle. I'll try this all again, and make sure I"m connected first to the internet. Maybe that will fix it. Thanks for your reply, and I hope I get to go to Switzerland some day. Beautiful place:)

Reactions: Salla50
If you are referring to the screen shots I posted earlier, NO it does not turn off anything but the airspace warnings, The airspace will still show on the map in a shaded circle, but the little text message wont pop up all the time and block your screen for the items you choose to turn off.
It MAY NOT shut off warnings that require you to agree to anything.
Thanks for the response. I'll give this a try. Marc.

Thanks for the response. I'll give this a try. Marc.
This is kind of an update on the warnings about a semi-restricted area. I read this somewhere, just recently, where I need to tap the small blue circle on the warning. Next time I was at the same park, with the same warning, I had to look closer, but saw the little blue circle, taped it and then when I taped my response where I say, "Yes, I'll take responsibility", the warning disappeared. Yea. Thanks for all your responses and now I can fly and shoot video without that darn warning staying on on my screen. Marc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580