DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ensure Aircraft Connection Is Normal and Retry

Venture3344555

Reactions
After crashing my Air 3 and losing gimbal signal and control I've seen found and replaced a broken gimbal ribbon cable and flex cable. Initially with the new ribbon only I had control of the gimbal but no signal.

Now with both new cables I have no control and no video. Whenever I try to calibrate the gimbal through the controller it says 'ensure aircraft connection is normal and retry'. What does this mean?

The aircraft is definitely connecting to the controller, and it will take off if I tell it to. I can calibrate my compass and IMU no problem but cannot do anything with the gimbal.

Does anyone have any advice??

After crashing my Air 3 and losing gimbal signal and control I've seen found and replaced a broken gimbal ribbon cable and flex cable.
Did you notice the solder chipping? or any of the pads on the board that were knocked loose or off by the crash? Did you examine carefully with a magnifying glass? Of course not. You would not be able to easily see these things BUT they happen all the time in a crash. If your drone is under warranty send it to DJI unless you just want to find your problem by installing parts you don't need. I have seen many try to save money with a DIY repair only to realize it costs them WAY more then it could have by just sending it in for repair.

I read somewhere on this forum that the new DJI drones require some sort of activation when the gimbal/camera system is replaced and no longer matches the one from factory. I apologize but I have no idea which thread this was discussed in.

Reactions: Cafguy
Did you notice the solder chipping? or any of the pads on the board that were knocked loose or off by the crash? Did you examine carefully with a magnifying glass? Of course not. You would not be able to easily see these things BUT they happen all the time in a crash. If your drone is under warranty send it to DJI unless you just want to find your problem by installing parts you don't need. I have seen many try to save money with a DIY repair only to realize it costs them WAY more then it could have by just sending it in for repair.
Another reason to just send it in to get repaired is because I’ve also heard on the forum that DJI doesn’t charge that much for repairs. It is the opinion of most members who have sent their drones in for repair that DJI very reasonable with their repair pricing.

I read somewhere on this forum that the new DJI drones require some sort of activation when the gimbal/camera system is replaced and no longer matches the one from factory. I apologize but I have no idea which thread this was discussed in.
DJI uses propriety software called RepairTool to give some components (gimbles) a number the main board will except. There is a workaround but owners of this workaround software will charge you a per use fee of around 100 bucks SO add $100 to the fix before you even purchase your gimble. and DJI repairs are not expensive.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne