DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epic extinct volcano flight in Australia

Downunder

Reactions
Mount Beerwah is the highest of the ten volcanic plugs in the Glass House Mountains range, 22 km north of Caboolture in South East Queensland, Australia. It was formed 26 million years ago during the Oligocene Epoch of the Paleogene Period. Geologists estimate it may have been three times the height before it was eroded to a volcanic plug. Mount Beerwah has two peaks, the taller of which is 556 metres (1,824 ft) high. It is one of the most visually prominent mountains in south-east Queensland. The first white person to ascend the peak was Andrew Petrie with his son John Petrie.[1] Its name comes from the Dungidau language words "birra, or "sky," and "wandum," "climbing up." In the traditional Aboriginal story of the region, Mount Beerwah is the pregnant mother and Mount Tibrogargan the father of all the other mountains in the area. Local aboriginals consider the mountains sacred.

Mount Beerwah is the highest of the ten volcanic plugs in the Glass House Mountains range, 22 km north of Caboolture in South East Queensland, Australia. It was formed 26 million years ago during the Oligocene Epoch of the Paleogene Period. Geologists estimate it may have been three times the height before it was eroded to a volcanic plug. Mount Beerwah has two peaks, the taller of which is 556 metres (1,824 ft) high. It is one of the most visually prominent mountains in south-east Queensland. The first white person to ascend the peak was Andrew Petrie with his son John Petrie.[1] Its name comes from the Dungidau language words "birra, or "sky," and "wandum," "climbing up." In the traditional Aboriginal story of the region, Mount Beerwah is the pregnant mother and Mount Tibrogargan the father of all the other mountains in the area. Local aboriginals consider the mountains sacred.

Excellent video, do people still climb it? I do not suppose so huh? Looks like a lark to climb.

Nice shot picks/ editing and what a great subject.

Looks like a good path up it - must still be climbed a fair bit?

Would be awesome to film someone mountain biking down that path at speed - though I guess that won't be on the cards given the history of it.

Excellent production, Downunder.
How high did you go above your takeoff point?

Hi Downunder great footage, I live in Brisbane so am always looking for places to do. How did you film above 120 meters, where you on the mountain?

Great movie.
Can you tell more about the editing program and where you found the music to use?
How long time did it take to editing.
Anyway it was great and i like to learn to edit like the pros.

Awesome stuff. Now I have somewhere else to film when I'm there in the spring. Thumbswayup

How did you film above 120 meters, where you on the mountain?

If you mean by rule (CASA)... the 120-meter limit is above ground level. As the terrain goes up, so does your limit (120 meters + elevation height).

If you mean by DJI's altitude limit enforcement, you can change the maximum height limit in the DJI Go 4 app to 500 meters (above takeoff height). If you want to go higher than that, you need to "ask" digdat0 on YouTube.:D

digdat0

Great video
A few months ago we drove up to Rockhampton from just south of Sydney, Glass House Mountains is a spectacular sight very unusual land mass great to see your video
I did get the mavic up for a short time but I was worried about the aircraft that was around the day we were there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman