DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epson bt35e

Liver

Reactions
Just bough the glasses, have a Mavic pro and controller. Also have a iPad and a huawei phone, asking what lead goes where as when I plug in the leads no connection. The glasses work etc , but not on the controller or am I missing something probably?
What lead do I need then to connect from my phone to the glasses and where is best to get it from please?

What you are missing is a HDMI port on the Mavic pro controller, it doesn’t have one. The glasses need hdmi video in as you have probably worked out.

Most people who buy the 35e glasses use the DJI smart controller which, by most accounts, works well.

The Bt350 version of the glasses running GO4 works well with the standard controller, it’s getting long in the tooth now though so probably not a great investment unless you can find one at a great price. It is stuck on an old android version.

Unfortunately there isn't another controller that let's the BT35e work with the MP.

The model Epson glasses that is compatible with the MP and it's controller is the BT-300.

The only way I can see you using the MP with the BT35e is to try a tablet/phone which has a separate HDMI out port (connect to BT35e) as well as a seperate usb in port (to connect to controller), then at least you would have video to the glasses of the DJI Go4 app view, but still need to make all the app changes on the tablet

I haven't tried the table approach so I can't guarantee it wil work as it will depend on the tablet, also look at the 64bit units for better performance, otherwise you might get some screen lag and pixelation.

Reactions: pelagic_one
What you are missing is a HDMI port on the Mavic pro controller, it doesn’t have one. The glasses need hdmi video in as you have probably worked out.

Most people who buy the 35e glasses use the DJI smart controller which, by most accounts, works well.

The Bt350 version of the glasses running GO4 works well with the standard controller, it’s getting long in the tooth now though so probably not a great investment unless you can find one at a great price. It is stuck on an old android version.
I plug my BT35E into my Crystalsky, I am lucky in as much I have the best of both worlds.

That's not quite correct. You can use the HDMI on the SC for video feed with the BT35e, that's accurate. Alternatively, you can use the USBC connection on the SC for video and power provided you have correctly spec'd USBC cable (to be clear, that is the one cable doing both power and video). This is because the USBC port on the SC is compatible. The USBC port of the standard is not compatible.

That's not quite correct. You can use the HDMI on the SC for video feed with the BT35e, that's accurate. Alternatively, you can use the USBC connection on the SC for video and power provided you have correctly spec'd USBC cable (to be clear, that is the one cable doing both power and video). This is because the USBC port on the SC is compatible. The USBC port of the standard is not compatible.
Yes of course your right, because I have the Crystalsky that is my preference, thanks for pointing that out though much appreciated.

Unfortunately there isn't another controller that let's the BT35e work with the MP.
Not quite correct. The DJI CrystalSky monitors also have HDMI out, as well as usb power for the BT-35e interface box. The usb power is not required if using the usb C to connect the BT-35e interface, but you do not have a usb C connector on the on the MP standard controller.

Not quite correct. The DJI CrystalSky monitors also have HDMI out, as well as usb power for the BT-35e interface box. The usb power is not required if using the usb C to connect the BT-35e interface, but you do not have a usb C connector on the on the MP standard controller.

If you have the BT-35e interface box connected to the USB-C of the CS, how does the RC connect to the CS ?
It's really messy having to provide a power source for the interface box when your using the CS HDMI out to connect to the glasses and have the CS to RC connection via the USB-C.

You can only connect the CS to the BT~35e by means of HDMI and a separate power lead. You do not have the option of usb C in this setup. That’s what I was getting at.

I’m not sure if one could use the micro usb connector on the CS to connect to the RC. If that’s possible it would free up the single usb C port on the CS. I do not have a BT35e so I can’t verify that, but as I understand it the CS micro usb is for power only, not data.

P.S. correction:
According to the CS manual, you can connect the RC to the CS using the micro usb on the CS. So that would mean that you could then connect the CS usb C to BT35e interface. No need for additional power cable. So it seems you could use either method, but possibly not both micro usb and usb C on the CS at the same time? I seem to remember watching a YT vid about that some time ago.

Sorry if I caused confusion.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa