DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epson Moverio BT-300 & DJI Mavic Air

Ivy

Reactions
I purchased a Epson Moverio BT-300 for my DJI Mavic Air.

I am trying to install - sideload APK's but with little success. I knew in advance the old Android 5.1.1 version and lack of Google Play Store.

What works:
- VLC media player (great for accessing my movies on Windows 10 PC)
- Osmand maps (works off line with local maps)
- Droneguide (Belgian drone regulator app)
- Moverio installed DJI Go 4
- File Manager

What does not work, tested different (older) Android versions:
- YouTube
- Litchi (I have a paid version working), Litchi support tells me that it is not supported on Moverio, application installs OK but fails with a registration message.
- UAV Forecast
- Airmap
- DJI Mimo (for my Osmo Pocket)
- Google installer 2.0, everything installs OK but no Google log in and Play Store keeps ...

What are other/you users of Epson Moverio BT-300 got working and what Android version / APK's?

I am new on this forum, now in corona lock down at home. Time to experiment ;-)

Ivy
Bredene, Belgium

Reactions: pelagic_one
What're your thoughts flying with BT-300? Do you find the touchpad easy to use during flight? What about the sun shield clip-on, is it dark enough to see the screen clearly outside on a bright sunny day?

Just curious as I haven't done any flying yet with mine. TIA!

My experience / what works for me so far with the Epson Moverio BT-300 goggles

I did some adjustment / setting in the Android 5.1 "accessibility":
- Large text = on
- Touch delay = short
- Hold sensitivity = high

I installed APKPure and use it for side loading of programs and updating programs:
- My DJI Go 4 application version is the latest version 4.3.36

I installed Bluetooth Pair program and use a gembird bluetooth mouse for easier setting up things (at home)
I installed X-plore file manager for easier control of files, deleting files and side loading programs

I installed a modified YouTube program "10 24 55", it works ok - rarely used
I installed WIFI Analyser - rarely used
I installed VLC 3.2.12 media player for access of my movies on WIFI / Windows 10 at home - rarely used
I de-installed Chrome, the native browser works OK

I de-installed Litchi 4.0.2 = no life display, support for Mavic Air is from Litchi 4.6.0...
I de-installed Litchi 4.8.0 = crashes when connecting to DJI Mavic Air remote controller

I installed STACK, my cloud file service (stackstorage.com, Netherlands) - rarely used
I installed OsmAnd 3.6.3 with off line maps, works OK but rarely used. GPS connection outside = OK.

I use the darkest shade and the nose pad for glasses
I wear prescription multi focal glasses
Some left / right pushing adjustment to have the full Android desktop or application focused - the edges are also in focus
I have a good view on a sunny day and I am able to see above and below the goggles as well
Good battery life of the goggles, best charging with the supplied Epson charger

The camera of the goggles is low resolution and poor quality... no use for me

Conclusion
It is a real pleasure flying my DJI Mavic Air with the goggles.
I now fly without constant video recording (use previously). Now when the scene is worthwhile "goggle view" I film or take picture = true flying camera
Other use (YouTube, VLC, OsmAnd, ...) was just some fun experimenting but no real use for me.

It is a pity that DJI Mavic mini and Mavic Air 2 are not supported on the goggles 32 bit/Android 5.1/Lollipop (I will not upgrade, goggles investment was high)

The DJI Mavic Air is still a wonderfull drone - the Epson Moverio BT-300 a good companion

After unpacking the Epson Moverio BT-300 goggles I installed with Moverio Apps Market:
- DJI Go 4
- Epson WebView Installer (now de-installed after upgrade)

Android 5.1.1 was upgraded and now has Build number RD1.5.0 (kernel 3.14.37 April 8 2019)
I know there is a RD1.7.0 but no upgrade is done...

DJI Go 4 was later on upgraded to 4.3.36 with APKPure.
No problems flying the DJI Mavic Air!

I never had heating problems with the goggles.

When flying the drone I make sure that only DJI Go 4 is running.

Reactions: pelagic_one

- Large text = on
- Touch delay = short

I installed APKPure and use it for side loading of programs and updating programs:

I installed Bluetooth Pair program and use a gembird bluetooth mouse for easier setting up things (at home)
I installed X-plore file manager for easier control of files, deleting files and side loading programs

I installed VLC 3.2.12 media player for access of my movies on WIFI / Windows 10 at home - rarely used

I de-installed Litchi 4.0.2 = no life display, support for Mavic Air is from Litchi 4.6.0...
I de-installed Litchi 4.8.0 = crashes when connecting to DJI Mavic Air remote controller

I installed STACK, my cloud file service (stackstorage.com, Netherlands) - rarely used
I installed OsmAnd 3.6.3 with off line maps, works OK but rarely used. GPS connection outside = OK.

Some left / right pushing adjustment to have the full Android desktop or application focused - the edges are also in focus
I have a good view on a sunny day and I am able to see above and below the goggles as well

Conclusion
I now fly without constant video recording (use previously). Now when the scene is worthwhile "goggle view" I film or take picture = true flying camera
Other use (YouTube, VLC, OsmAnd, ...) was just some fun experimenting but no real use for me.

It is a pity that DJI Mavic mini and Mavic Air 2 are not supported on the goggles 32 bit/Android 5.1/Lollipop (I will not upgrade, goggles investment was high)

The DJI Mavic Air is still a wonderfull drone - the Epson Moverio BT-300 a good companion

Many thanks for the comprehensive post

I've Mavic 2 Pro and was considering getting the BT-300, so hope you don't mind if I ask two quick questions:

1) I also wear prescription glasses (due to short sight), by using nose pad do you mean you have your normal glasses on, and then BT-300s over them? If so why did you do this rather than get prescription inserts?

2) I've seen reports that newer versions of the DJI are slow due to the hardware Epson android box being old - how do you find it, especially the newer versions of the App you've side loaded

BT-300 is pretty wide designed to fit over glasses however they can’t be too wide. Didn’t work with mine so ended up getting the prescription insert made at LensesRX only costs me $40. Don’t say it’s for smart glasses I told them it’s for safely glasses. When buying BT-300 make sure it comes with the prescription insert, which needs to be sent in to install the lens.

Many thanks for the comprehensive post

I've Mavic 2 Pro and was considering getting the BT-300, so hope you don't mind if I ask two quick questions:

1) I also wear prescription glasses (due to short sight), by using nose pad do you mean you have your normal glasses on, and then BT-300s over them? If so why did you do this rather than get prescription inserts?

Reactions: blakes7fan
1) In the beginning it was not pleasant wearing the BT-300.
When I got used of them I went flying with my DJI Mavic Air.
It takes some time finding the good position wearing it with my prescription glasses.
I intent to have prescription glasses for the BT-300 insert later on.
2) I don't see any difference with DJI Go 4 BT-300 installed version and the now latest version as far as performance.

Last edited:

- Large text = on
- Touch delay = short

Conclusion

Well said

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest