DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Erratic Behavior During Litchi Mission [Pics & Video]

matty1551

Reactions
I'm trying to use Virtual Litchi Mission 2.4.0 & Google Earth to preview and plan flights before arriving on site with my drone. I'm getting very inconsistent results and I have no idea why. My drone is flying along the planned path correctly but it rotate's which as far as I can tell, is nowhere in my flight plan. From waypoints 3-4 it flies as intended. I've also tested this out with the actual drone at the mission site and it does the same thing that the google earth recording does.

Here's a google earth recording of the issue.

VIRTUAL LITCHI MISSION SETTINGS
VLM Settings.jpg
LITCHI SETTINGS
Litchi Overview.jpg
Litchi Settings.jpg
WP1.jpg
WP2.jpg
WP3.jpg
WP4.jpg

I think it's something to do with the heading at waypoint 3 and 4, 270 degree that's spinning your drone around everything else looks good to me.

I am seeing the same behaviour in my mission for the first three waypoints. They were designed for focus poi with all the correct setting yet the drone was spiraling towards the poi in stead of a straight line. At the site deleted the first three waypoints and then the mission completed fine. The mission was created on mission hub. Need to check how this looked on VLM

I figured out what the issue was after digging through the VLM manual. Turns out it was the "distance between smoothed waypoints" setting in VLM. I lowered this down to 50 meters and that solved all undesired behavior.

Reactions: Thomas B
I figured out what the issue was after digging through the VLM manual. Turns out it was the "distance between smoothed waypoints" setting in VLM. I lowered this down to 50 meters and that solved all undesired behavior.
Glad you found the solution!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki