DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error 50 and IMU replacement

Grayham

Reactions
Hi All I am a new member from downunder, have owned a Mavic Pro Platinum for a couple of years and thought I would share this issue with other Mavic owners I recently had an error 50 during IMU calibration after many failed attempts to reset IMU and some research online I decided to replace the IMU, seems this is a known issue if the drone is not used for some time and not a lot of info online on how to resolve the issue. Thankfully the replacement IMU worked a treat. I used Mavic Pro 2 IMU which is identical except for the cradle which you can discard. There is also a bit of fiddly work remounting the IMU on the rubber vibration mounts, its better to remove the mounts from the board and fit these to the IMU then refit the IMU back complete with rubber mounts fitted There are no videos of this procedure but there are a couple of Mavic Pro tear down clips which are helpful and will get you to the point of removing the IMU which is just a matter of prying it off the rubber mounts and disconnecting the ribbon connector. The IMU is located under the main board which sits directly under the cast alloy heat sink on the base of the mavic. Hope this helps others who may have this issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121