DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error code -36 copying files from SD card (OSX)

sesardelaisla

Reactions
Every time I try to copy files from my SanDisk Extreme (64GB, exFAT formatted) directly from the card to my MacBook Pro, the OSX displays the following error after copying for 15-20 seconds:

“The Finder can't complete the operation because some data in “FileName” can't be read or written. (Error code -36)”.

However, I can copy the files using the Mavic as a "card reader", connecting the computer to the Mavic USB port. It seems this OSX error is usally related to hardware errors but this is not the case as I can copy the files through.

Have you ever guys experienced such problem? Any suggestion or workaround? It is not very convenient to use the Mavic for this purpose. In addition, the copy process takes much longer.

I got the same error and did some snooping. I think it is caused by the Mac file system reading a dos file system. I found information on how to fix it using the terminal program with a command line but I was never able to get it to work. I am just as frustrated as you I am afraid.

I got the same error and did some snooping. I think it is caused by the Mac file system reading a dos file system. I found information on how to fix it using the terminal program with a command line but I was never able to get it to work. I am just as frustrated as you I am afraid.
I know the solution you are saying. I did the same and it fixed nothing. Later on I figured out that such terminal solution worked in older OSX versions due to a bad handling of the "._" hidden files. However, the related problem was fixed from OSX version 10.6.3 (it is stated at the end of the linked article) so that solution no longer applies. Now, the problem must be related to other issue. I guess the only solution is to report this directly to DJI... :(

Great News! Found a fix for my Mac. Went to APPLICATIONS---UTILITIES----DISK UTILITY----ERASE----
NAME: WHATEVER YOU WANT--
FORMAT: OS X EXTENDED (JOURNALED)
SCHEME: GUID PARTITION MAP

CLICK ERASE. ONCE ITS DONE. It looks like it deleted everything. I ejected and then plugged the USB and all the videos and pictures popped up again. All played fine with no errors...

Great News! Found a fix for my Mac. Went to APPLICATIONS---UTILITIES----DISK UTILITY----ERASE----
NAME: WHATEVER YOU WANT--
FORMAT: OS X EXTENDED (JOURNALED)
SCHEME: GUID PARTITION MAP

CLICK ERASE. ONCE ITS DONE. It looks like it deleted everything. I ejected and then plugged the USB and all the videos and pictures popped up again. All played fine with no errors...

Er, what did you erase? The Mavic surely can't use the microSD with an OSX filesystem on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d