DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Estimates or Ideas on Commerical Flythroughs Golf Course Photography..?

Reactions
Brand new 107 pilot, Ive just started building RE clients, doing the half off or free first to gain business, Realtors are fun.. lol. But Im really enjoying it, got into a discussion with a local course about a shoot and was thinking even besides a traditional fly overgh maybe trying a ground to apex to ground type fly through like a trajectory of a golf ball..? Good, bad, eh?
Has anyone done something similar for courses, what was the time & cost estimates ball park you gave. I have no idea how to price it since its new and unsure how to plan it before I sell it. Any help or ideas would work. How fun could a mavic be traveling a dog leg right on a par 5?!?
Advice or ideas are much appreciated. Ciao.
If I get a good basis Ill mock up an email flyer and post it if I have some success marketing it.

Reactions: Gindra
Check out Autoflight autopilot web site, this was their demo back in 2015/6

Brand new 107 pilot, Ive just started building RE clients, doing the half off or free first to gain business, Realtors are fun.. lol. But Im really enjoying it, got into a discussion with a local course about a shoot and was thinking even besides a traditional fly overgh maybe trying a ground to apex to ground type fly through like a trajectory of a golf ball..? Good, bad, eh?

I am in the process of getting my 107, recently retired and am starting a small drone business, want to offer unique services. I was thinking of the same exact thing, as I live right behind a golf course. Have you started doing it yet? I also would have no idea what to charge, it's tempting to charge a lot, because most people think of golf courses, especially private ones, with the wealthy, but I don't want to gouge people or companies, I want to offer a fair price. I don't play a lot of golf, but I know one or two of the courses in my area have LCD screens in their golf carts that show a drawing overview of each hole, along with ads and food/drinks you can order at the lounge when your finished playing. So I would think a short fly over video of each hole, like you see on the big televised tourneys would be a perfect fit for golf cart's screens.

I have a couple other ideas I'd be happy to share with you if you want to PM me, as long you're not in the St. Louis area..lol. I also don't want to go off topic too much on the the thread.

I am in the process of getting my 107, recently retired and am starting a small drone business, want to offer unique services. I was thinking of the same exact thing, as I live right behind a golf course. Have you started doing it yet? I also would have no idea what to charge, it's tempting to charge a lot, because most people think of golf courses, especially private ones, with the wealthy, but I don't want to gouge people or companies, I want to offer a fair price. I don't play a lot of golf, but I know one or two of the courses in my area have LCD screens in their golf carts that show a drawing overview of each hole, along with ads and food/drinks you can order at the lounge when your finished playing. So I would think a short fly over video of each hole, like you see on the big televised tourneys would be a perfect fit for golf cart's screens.

I have a couple other ideas I'd be happy to share with you if you want to PM me, as long you're not in the St. Louis area..lol. I also don't want to go off topic too much on the the thread.
Your idea and that of the original poster are original and creative. More important than flying skills and in the air time, you need to factor in your video editing skills and editing time. Start any project such as you are envisioning by drawing a storyboard. There are several free online, for example:
You will find post production editing more time consuming and mentally intensive than you'd anticipated.

Reactions: Sunshynff
Your idea and that of the original poster are original and creative. More important than flying skills and in the air time, you need to factor in your video editing skills and editing time. Start any project such as you are envisioning by drawing a storyboard.

Thank you for the advice and the link to Storyboard, I can't wait to check it out. That makes total sense, a friend of mine, way back after high school, took some film production classes, and years later, my son who's in the dance arts, took some directing and theater production classes in college, both of them always were talking about story boarding a project. I imagine it really helps you lay things out, like a blueprint if your going to build a building.

I was actually kind of the IT guy at my fire dept, not due to tech saavy, none one else wanted the task, and it fell in my lap. That also entailed taking over the yearly slide show duties, which I switched from actual slides to digital pictures, then I got Adobe Premier Elements, sort of on a whim and started doing a yearly DVD, which was a mix of video/pictures put to music. When I started flying more, I updated to the most recent version. I know it's not quite professional grade software, but it was tougher than I thought to learn how to use it fairly well. I think that'll be a good program to use starting out, for golf course type stuff or real estate, nothing with major production value , what do you think of Adobe P.E.? A year or so ago, I did a real estate video for my buddy's parents who were selling their house and land. Did for free, just wanted the experience, I'm very critical of it, and a few things I wish were better, but they loved it. Actual footage should have been planned out, I just did a bunch of fly overs and two waypoint missions, and kept my fingers crossed I could put something together editing it. I'll leave a link to it at bottom if you want to check it out, I could use an honest opinion, family and friends are always gonna say they like it.

I think my pilot skills should be ok, I've been flying around 6-7yrs now, micro indoor quads, to racers and freestyle quads you build and program yourself, to my latest S1000 octocopter. I've think my biggest area I'm lacking knowledge in is actual photography/filming. The guy I bought the S1000 from was a drone operator out in LA for a couple years, and he said, after you learn the software to operate this big ol drone, start reading and watching anything you can find on cameras and shooting film. All those setting you never mess with and put on auto, learn about each one in detail, it'll make you a better photographer, which will make you more comfortable shooting something, which in turn helps you pilot the craft better. I was like wow, you just brought it full circle, are you a zen drone pilot..lol. Ok, I'll quit rambling, thanks again for the advice!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan