DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Eu range 10 km

Tadass910

Reactions
Hello, just asked DJI support they confirmed that it’s 10km range distance for all countries and Europe

Attachments

• A6A09ED4-0FF4-4C40-B256-5423294A260F.jpeg
    A6A09ED4-0FF4-4C40-B256-5423294A260F.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 9047BB28-D33C-4F0B-B0EF-0924EC5E8480.jpeg
    9047BB28-D33C-4F0B-B0EF-0924EC5E8480.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 62
Often times, like here, their support people have no idea what they’re talking about. You can clearly see the 6 km range for Europe even on their own specs page.

Reactions: tlswift58
Are you talking about rf transmission range? Interesting, support sais that flying range is 10km for all countries

Attachments

• 735BFABC-4726-49DD-BFC7-DD19349927F0.jpeg
    735BFABC-4726-49DD-BFC7-DD19349927F0.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 8D33C3B2-5C89-498D-B434-4C8E3F11894F.jpeg
    8D33C3B2-5C89-498D-B434-4C8E3F11894F.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 0249805A-AD00-46EB-ADEB-A42A3D7A28A2.jpeg
    0249805A-AD00-46EB-ADEB-A42A3D7A28A2.jpeg
    442.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 3154A89E-324F-4183-A6BD-E95E17E7DB53.jpeg
    3154A89E-324F-4183-A6BD-E95E17E7DB53.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 43
I even showed them rf transmission but they say that 10km for all countries

Attachments

• B9BCE65A-15C5-463B-B965-EC6FA3FD952F.jpeg
    B9BCE65A-15C5-463B-B965-EC6FA3FD952F.jpeg
    705.9 KB · Views: 36
“Max flight distance” is how far the drone can travel on one battery. It doesn’t mean it would be 18.5km away from the remote.

“Max transmission distance” is clearly stated as 10km only in FCC regulated territories. For CE places (e.g. Europe) it’s restricted down to 6km. It’s very clearly stated on their specs page.

The support people you talk with at DJI in China will be reading from a script and likely have little technical knowledge. They’ll also be using a support FAQ list that someone with more experience has created.

The collective knowledge on this forum is your better bet for questions about DJI’s aircraft, diagnosing issues and interpreting log files.

Note also there are more than a few errors in the manuals. Unfortunately it’s just standard with manuals being language translated by Chinese manufacturers.

“Max flight distance” is how far the drone can travel on one battery. It doesn’t mean it would be 18.5km away from the remote.

“Max transmission distance” is clearly stated as 10km only in FCC regulated territories. For CE places (e.g. Europe) it’s restricted down to 6km. It’s very clearly stated on their specs page.
But they speak opposite

But they speak opposite
So you are left with the choice that it always comes down to, who do you believe? Ultimately only you can decide.
Of course you could always test it but at both 6km or 10km you are well beyond VLOS, is such flying legal in Belgium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tlswift58
As someone once said, "The ball don't lie!"
The drone doesn't lie either!
The proof is in the pudding!
Without modification, the hard coded CE limits are obvious to anyone who has tried to exceed them under CE rules.

yes, it is ;)
Is it this way:

It’s super simple for CE MA2 to FCC - I do it all the time (iOS):

1. Download on windows 3utools
2. Connect iPhone and set your location to USA
3. Start your drone inside the house and make sure there are no satellites avail
4. Once you can see the first line above the 90dbm line remove the cable from phone and stop motor
5. Take drone outside, start drone without having your phone connected.
6. Connect your phone - voila

Important is to always remove your cable before you stop the motors.

My record in city (Prague) is 7017 meter so far ... would go further but battery ...

Is it this way:

It’s super simple for CE MA2 to FCC - I do it all the time (iOS):

1. Download on windows 3utools
2. Connect iPhone and set your location to USA
3. Start your drone inside the house and make sure there are no satellites avail
4. Once you can see the first line above the 90dbm line remove the cable from phone and stop motor
5. Take drone outside, start drone without having your phone connected.
6. Connect your phone - voila

Important is to always remove your cable before you stop the motors.

My record in city (Prague) is 7017 meter so far ... would go further but battery ...
Well, I think we have different concepts of "super simple" :D I just use the modded app for iOS.
1. Launch modded Fly app and start drone
2. Fly :D

Hello, just asked DJI support they confirmed that it’s 10km range distance for all countries and Europe

Can you SEE your drone at 6km or 10km? I and everyone else highly doubt it. While I am no expert on CE rules, everyone in the USA knows "Line of Sight!" I'm sure CE is the same, as the FAA / US and CE / Euro are very close or same in most respect - other than in US we don't use KM's and such.

The larger the drone and if it has colored decals and such on it - the farther away you can see it and stay VISUAL, yet still not even at a low 6 km (or approx 3 US miles) I'm lucky if I could see my drone at 1/4 mile; so the "max range" of any drone is really irrelevant.

As someone once said, "The ball don't lie!"
The drone doesn't lie either!
The proof is in the pudding!
Without modification, the hard coded CE limits are obvious to anyone who has tried to exceed them under CE rules.
no mods got 7.5km in CE mode without one video glitch

Can you SEE your drone at 6km or 10km? I and everyone else highly doubt it. While I am no expert on CE rules, everyone in the USA knows "Line of Sight!" I'm sure CE is the same, as the FAA / US and CE / Euro are very close or same in most respect - other than in US we don't use KM's and such.

The larger the drone and if it has colored decals and such on it - the farther away you can see it and stay VISUAL, yet still not even at a low 6 km (or approx 3 US miles) I'm lucky if I could see my drone at 1/4 mile; so the "max range" of any drone is really irrelevant.
The 6/10km max range is just a side-effect of the transmission power and not a very important one in my opinion. But when flying in an urban environment with high amounts of interference, the difference between the normal CE mode and the FCC mode is immense. In a high-interference location where I'm usually testing this, CE mode craps out at about 600m with nothing between the RC and the drone. In wooded areas, you add some trees between the RC and the drone and it again gets interesting in a few hundred meters. FCC mode almost triples the range in such environments, it offers much more confidence in the drone. It's never about going out more than 6km.

I could see my drone from the other side of the Earth so no problem man.

I got 6.4km on my CE Mavic Air 2. At this distance, battery to return home is the key limiting factor.

I will probably try to get more distance in the future with less wind though. That means 6km is not hard coded though...

Edit : 6420m from RC, 12922m round trip, landing with 21% battery left so plenty to go I guess...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix