DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Even after all precautions Go4 app. updated on my pad! Is it ok to connect to MP?

flightmike

Reactions
I thought I was taking all the precautions and I realized after not flying for a couple days my Go4 app was updated to the latest, 4.1.5. I do use my IPad mini4 for other things and do have wi-fi on when not connected to my MP. Always in airplane mode and always turn off wi-fi before connecting to MP.

It said it was updated July 31, 2017. I took a look at my settings and everything that I can tell looks like DJI is restricted. Background refresh is turned off for DJI.

I pulled up my Analytics Data and this is what I see...

IMG_0366.jpg

It looks like DJI is trying to access my pad on the 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, and today. When I open the data this is what I see…

IMG_0367.jpg IMG_0368.jpg IMG_0369.jpg

I don't know enough about this kind of stuff but looks like it's trying to do something. One says "45001 wakeups over the last 216 seconds (208 wakeup per second), exceeding limit of 150 wakeups per second over 300 seconds".

Can someone with a little more knowledge tell me what this is? What did I miss turning off and restricting?
I haven't updated anymore since 700 and am happy with it and don't want to update any more.

I don't know enough about this computer stuff and maybe just paranoid so I just want to ask...

Am I safe to connect to my MP to fly or is it just waiting for me to connect and update the MP?

The MP is not going to update the firmware unless you agree to do so. You'll see a prompt saying you need to update the FW but you can ignore it.

That's what I have been doing but been on old Go4 app. until now.
Is latest app. and 700 fw compatible?

Under iOS do you have auto updating off Apps turned off?
If not it will update the app any chance it gets to.

Rob

Under iOS do you have auto updating off Apps turned off?
If not it will update the app any chance it gets to.

Rob

Usually I have background off and everything DJI turned off. I must have missed something at some time. Just aggravates me we have to be so careful. I have wifi and on airplane mode when ever I connect but when not connected I use my pad for other things so I turn wifi back on.

Either I missed something or it sneaked in. I check for updates for my other apps because I have auto turned off and when I checked yesterday I noticed DJI up-dated on July 31. Then it dawned on me that the home page looked different when i opened the go app. It has a spark instead of a Mavic. So I started looking and found the above.

I tried to roll back but couldn't get old version of i Tunes to load right. Kept saying "Could not be read because it was created by a newer version".

Good news is I'm still on 700 on my MP and I just flew 5 batteries and everything seemed to be fine. Went over a mile out from my house and that's about the same distance I usually get around here. Will just have to test when I go out to some of the other places I fly.

I think reading all these post makes a guy paranoid, but with good reason. It's killing the fun a little not knowing if your going to be able to take off next time you go to fly. I just don't want to spend $$ to roll everything back because I'm not computer savvy enough to do myself.

So we are not paranoid. Just read this thread.

Drone-maker DJI's Go app contains naughty Javascript hot-patching framework

Looks like DJI has access to update my app without mine or Apple's permission. Then they say they'll take it out in the next update!!! So you have to update the go app to get rid of it and then you get everything else I'm trying to avoid.

Does anyone know what app ware this was introduced in? Maybe someone can find out for us.

Already talked to a tech friend and he's going to help me with the app downgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard