DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everyday Flying and ND Filters

dirtfishingman

Reactions
1st still a newbie but getting the hang of this thing. I'm mainly flying over our fields. I grabbed a set of ND filters to try, 4,8,16,32 I switched the camera in Manual and using the 180 rule.

My question is when I start out the EV level is near perfect but as I fly around. Depending on my subject I am recording it can either be over exposed or under exposed. In these moments do i just mess with the ISO? or should I shoot the unit in Auto?

This is nothing professional just recording random shots over my field

Auto can change things quite dramatically in one video shot as it attempts to correct the differing lighting, better to set up manually for the shot, OK some parts may be over or under exposed but it will be gradual as you turn, it won't show as sudden jumps that are frequent in auto.

Reactions: Drone Views Media
Auto can change things quite dramatically in one video shot as it attempts to correct the differing lighting, better to set up manually for the shot, OK some parts may be over or under exposed but it will be gradual as you turn, it won't show as sudden jumps that are frequent in auto.
I would never fly in Auto; it literally destroys attempts at cinematic videos

Reactions: THE CYBORG
That's been a dilema for me too. The 180 rules is not necessary for most shots at altitude and you find yourself with a ND filter, of doubtful quality to begin with, that forces you to increase the ISO. You surely don't want that thing on there for still shots so what do you do. Only put it on when you're going to need it?? I'm not that smart.

That's been a dilema for me too. The 180 rules is not necessary for most shots at altitude and you find yourself with a ND filter, of doubtful quality to begin with, that forces you to increase the ISO. You surely don't want that thing on there for still shots so what do you do. Only put it on when you're going to need it?? I'm not that smart.
IM WITH YOU LOL IM LOST

1st still a newbie but getting the hang of this thing. I'm mainly flying over our fields. I grabbed a set of ND filters to try, 4,8,16,32 I switched the camera in Manual and using the 180 rule.

My question is when I start out the EV level is near perfect but as I fly around. Depending on my subject I am recording it can either be over exposed or under exposed. In these moments do i just mess with the ISO? or should I shoot the unit in Auto?

This is nothing professional just recording random shots over my field
Recommend setting your ISO and keep it between 100 and 200 if at all possible.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Been messing around with shooting at 24fps and wanted to follow the 180 rule going to swap in auto to see how it looks
If you're just practicing in preparation for shooting more creative material, then by all means learn 24fps and using ND filters to compensate, but for what you're talking about I'm not sure I'd bother. What good is pleasant motion blur if you don't have any motion in your videos (other than camera motion)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent