DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ex-DJI Brendan Schulma said no drone at Gatwick during 2018's hysterical shutdown

Interesting, thanks for sharing

Vee pee (say it slowly)

Reactions: Edh
But both this article, and the freedom-of-information details it was based on, provide no actual evidence one way or another that there was no drone. Just because there was no evidence it was there doesn’t mean it wasn’t - it just means there was no evidence. No one can definitively say that there was no drone.

Brendan Schulman (previously with DJI) said it was "now clear that the event did not actually involve a drone." He is basing this on the lack of evidence but that proves nothing. As the old saying goes, “absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence!”

Reactions: sar104
But both this article, and the freedom-of-information details it was based on, provide no actual evidence one way or another that there was no drone. Just because there was no evidence it was there doesn’t mean it wasn’t - it just means there was no evidence. No one can definitively say that there was no drone.

Brendan Schulman (previously with DJI) said it was "now clear that the event did not actually involve a drone." He is basing this on the lack of evidence but that proves nothing. As the old saying goes, “absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence!”

Maybe we can agree on that there was a hysteric reaction of various involved people and organisations. For that we have plenty of evidence.

Maybe we can agree on that there was a hysteric reaction of various involved people and organisations. For that we have plenty of evidence.
I agree to an extent. However, if the airport authorities had done nothing and a drone had subsequently struck an aircraft, passengers would rightly have been incensed over the lack of any reaction. For safety sake you have to assume the worst case. This is one of those cases where you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Reactions: sar104
Could you elaborate on the alleged hysteria?
I would need to point you to the numerous media reports at the time. I do think there was an element of hysteria, maelstrom's point about 'you can't win whatever you do' is also quite a valid argument.

I would need to point you to the numerous media reports at the time. I do think there was an element of hysteria, maelstrom's point about 'you can't win whatever you do' is also quite a valid argument.

I followed the news reports pretty closely on that event. There was no hysteria - that's just a word that has been misused to try to discredit the response to the situation.

Reactions: maelstrom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian