DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Excelsior Glen, my front yard😀

slozukimc

Reactions

Here is a video playing around across the road from my house near Watkins Glen, NY. Drone is a M1X and it was crazy windy. I had high wind warnings pretty much the entire flight. About 5 mins in you can see the gorgeous waterfall I grew up playing around. Now I am old and still can’t stay away from it. Lol. So pretty.

When I get brave enough my goal is to launch from the top of the falls and go down to the bottom and back out. Scary stuff with a drone that isn’t going to hold gps well innthe woods.

Eventually I will learn editing and get smoother with the drone but for now, enjoy the scenery.

Mike

I enjoyed it quite a bit!! You're right, beautiful place!!

AS YOU LEARN editing, it might be good to cut down your length of video. Either cut a bunch out or use it for a different clip(s). Definitely add a soundtrack or sound effects. Color grade the footage. There's a couple of places that are overexposed.

Regarding the smoothness of the flight. 1) you'll get better the more you practice. 2) In the settings, there should be an area where you can adjust the speed and smoothness of the yaw and gimbal. For example, in Cine mode, if you slow down the speed and increase the smoothness, you'll end up with a more cinematic look.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: CvCow
I enjoyed it quite a bit!! You're right, beautiful place!!

AS YOU LEARN editing, it might be good to cut down your length of video. Either cut a bunch out or use it for a different clip(s). Definitely add a soundtrack or sound effects. Color grade the footage. There's a couple of places that are overexposed.

Regarding the smoothness of the flight. 1) you'll get better the more you practice. 2) In the settings, there should be an area where you can adjust the speed and smoothness of the yaw and gimbal. For example, in Cine mode, if you slow down the speed and increase the smoothness, you'll end up with a more cinematic look.

Just my thoughts.
Thanks for the tips. I am still fighting just getting videos from the drone to dropbox with no editing so far. Lmao. I need a computer. 🙄. I am going to see how editing on my iphone works with an sd card reader and an hdmi adapter to go to a monitor.

Reactions: Prop Wash

Here is a video playing around across the road from my house near Watkins Glen, NY. Drone is a M1X and it was crazy windy. I had high wind warnings pretty much the entire flight. About 5 mins in you can see the gorgeous waterfall I grew up playing around. Now I am old and still can’t stay away from it. Lol. So pretty.

When I get brave enough my goal is to launch from the top of the falls and go down to the bottom and back out. Scary stuff with a drone that isn’t going to hold gps well innthe woods.

Eventually I will learn editing and get smoother with the drone but for now, enjoy the scenery.

Mike
My old stomping grounds! Always loved the different falls, lakes, and the fall colors! I’m from the Dundee, NY area, and the wife is from the Watkins Glen, NY area. We’re in the Midwest now.
Great shots, the first one is a little long for me.

Reactions: slozukimc
Good job. Practice makes perfect.

My old stomping grounds! Always loved the different falls, lakes, and the fall colors! I’m from the Dundee, NY area, and the wife is from the Watkins Glen, NY area. We’re in the Midwest now.
Great shots, the first one is a little long for me.
Nice. I don’t know how I missed that before. I can’t wait to get time to fly around Waneta and Lamoka lakes and over by Keuka park.

How do you deal with the lack of scenery? Lol

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones