DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exciting Morning

Chris Daily

Reactions
Have been flying the MPP for some time with 200+ sorties. This morning for the first time ever I went to a location to shoot some video, went through all the normal procedures and started the drone up. Got up to about 30 feet and it flew off several hundred yards away 200 someodd feet over a river it was all could do to stop it and regain control. Got it back, turned it off, on again and flew perfect the rest of the morning. Any thoughts?

I recently did a compass calibration that passed but I think I was to close to some metal - right after I flew and had some issues - so the next time I got out to my camp - which is far from any interference, metal etc I did another good calibration and the issues stopped.

Did u have plenty of satellites before you took off?

Did it record a home point before you took off?

I am thinking you were in atti mode

Reactions: WAXMAN
Knock on wood but I have launched several times next to my vehicle and have never had an issue of any sort. The one and only time I did have an issue was launching right if front of a satellite up-link but I got lucky. It just rocked around a little but that was it. Maybe I am just fortunate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser