Join Us Now

Exocomp Final Qualification Run

Chaosrider

Reactions
22-04-10

Exocomp (Mini-SE) Final Qualification Run

This one is shot at 2.7K

22-04-10 Exo Final Qualification Run.mp4

I think I’ve noticed a kind of “fisheye” appearance in the videos at times from the Mini-SE and the Mini-1, which I’ve never seen on the Mini-2s. Is that a known thing, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

00:36 Climb to 300 ft ATL for distance test run.

01:27 2000 ft distance achieved, no control issues at all.

01:49 Begin high elevation test run.

02:12 Note perspective of two nearby ridges, and the main Sierra Nevada in the background.

02:36 This rock formation is at about 1000 ft ATL, and 800 ft away. Note that I’m clearly below 400 ft AGL.

03:03 At this point Exo says her signal is weak, and that she’s going to stop transmitting video, and RTH. There was a very short video blip on the phone, but as you can see, the vid on the card continued without interruption. She changed her mind about the RTH, and everything had gone back to normal, but I brought her home anyway.

03:27 This is The Sentinel, the same pine tree that ate Defiant, one of my Mini-2s. “Tree climbing” is one of my favorite drone activities. I was just burning off a bit of flight time that I had left on the battery.

04:22 Lined up for my usual forward flight deck “Victory Run”!

In retrospect, I think I got a “reposition antenna” warning during the high elevation test. It appears that having the antenna actually pointing directly at the drone makes more difference for the Mini-SE and Mini-1, than it does for the Mini-2. Occusync.

Next test: Sport Mode!

Are you planning to visit Lake Tahoe this summer? Consider planning a half day detour to the Savage Aerodrome, and check out the best droning site within 100 miles!

1649963937319.png

MM

Reactions: Facherty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S