DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experiments can be interesting...

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
Experiments can be interesting but may not come to an end. Today, an experiment I started over three years ago produced some results.
In early 2021 I shot some HDR photos and posted them in an Album on Flickr. After posting, I discovered that this was all a waste of time because, much to my surprise, my high end computer and Monitor could not display HDR content. I worked these issues for some time but finally gave up because I just was not able to make it happen.

This morning, while comparing new monitors with my present 27" Dell 4K monitor, I attacked the problem once again. I was able to figure out how to turn on HDR capability on my monitor, and then after much searching, was able to configure Windows 10 to display HDR. I then took the 1st HDR shot I had taken with my previous Mavic and viewed it. I was presented with an image full of noise. I normally use the DeNoise function in Lightroom to de noise my photos but my photos had been converted to JPG's and Lightroom can only work on DNG's so far. Fortunately, I had purchased Topaz DeNoise AI which will work on JPG's.

If any of this is of interest you guys, you can compare the first two images in my HDR Drone photos using this link: HDR Drone Photos. I'll wait a while and then de noise the remainder of the photos.

Jeff A

Reactions: AeroJ
I have found with the Topaz products to play around with their settings, as you can get different results when you do. Usually for the better, but not always. For example instead of using the Severe setting, try the low light, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2