DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Explore Mode Zoom

gruszy

Reactions
I've been playing around with explore mode lately, curious if anyone has found a way to limit the zoom to only 4x. The higher zoom is nice for certain things but a lot of the time I find myself only wanting to go up to 4x zoom but go just past it and it jumps over to 7x and has that weird looking skip in the video. I try and zoom in slowly with the scroll dial but can't always stop right at 4x so thought it'd be nice to know if there was a way to lock the max zoom through the settings.

I've been playing around with explore mode lately, curious if anyone has found a way to limit the zoom to only 4x. The higher zoom is nice for certain things but a lot of the time I find myself only wanting to go up to 4x zoom but go just past it and it jumps over to 7x and has that weird looking skip in the video. I try and zoom in slowly with the scroll dial but can't always stop right at 4x so thought it'd be nice to know if there was a way to lock the max zoom through the settings.
Not possible currently..... after the update coming this week you will be able to zoom to 3X on the main camera which will get you closer to what you are asking. I don't know why they didn't take it all the way to 4X.

Not possible currently..... after the update coming this week you will be able to zoom to 3X on the main camera which will get you closer to what you are asking. I don't know why they didn't take it all the way to 4X.
Thanks. Is the next firmware update this week? Is that the one with the additional features for explore mode and manual settings on it?

Thanks. Is the next firmware update this week? Is that the one with the additional features for explore mode and manual settings on it?
Yes.... both DJI FLY and the firmware will be updated. The 3X zoom is already baked in and I have been using it for awhile with beta firmware. Not sure what else is coming because I don't have the upcoming FLY app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf